JPP

Cruz

Bradshaw

Re: Season MVP's

Weatherford?

Veteran

[quote user="P_Simms_#11"]Weatherford?
    [/quote]I'm thinking the immediate, impact players that we wouldn't have gone to the SB without. There are many other players that helped a lot, but these are the guys that this SB just wouldnt be possible without.

Not trying to discount Weatherford, but put another punter in there and chances are we still do okay. Punters aren't exactly as much impact players like QB's, WR's etc. I hope you understand what I mean here.

Hakeem Nicks?
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Chase Blackburn.

Team game and all of that, but none of this happens without Elisha Nelson Manning. Lacking the usual ground game, breaking in a new rotation of receivers, a couple completions short of 5,000 yards, all those 4th quarter TD passes & game-winning drives. He had a League-MVP caliber year so it would follow that he's the Giant's MVP.

[quote user="jjj45"][quote user="P_Simms_#11"]Weatherford?
    [/quote]I'm thinking the immediate, impact players that we wouldn't have gone to the SB without. There are many other players that helped a lot, but these are the guys that this SB just wouldnt be possible without.

Not trying to discount Weatherford, but put another punter in there and chances are we still do okay. Punters aren't exactly as much impact players like QB's, WR's etc. I hope you understand what I mean here.
    [/quote]

I get what you are saying, I realize he isn't up there with the players you mentioned, but would another punter would have pinned NE back the way Weatherford did in the SB?

Would another holder have handled the bad snap as well as Weatherford did in SF?

We will never know, and I'm glad we didn't have to find out.

Veteran

[quote user="coachjdc"]Team game and all of that, but none of this happens without Elisha Nelson Manning. Lacking the usual ground game, breaking in a new rotation of receivers, a couple completions short of 5,000 yards, all those 4th quarter TD passes & game-winning drives. He had a League-MVP caliber year so it would follow that he's the Giant's MVP.[/quote]Yeah, overall I agree.

But if we were to list the players who were key to this year, Im talking bare bones picks here who would you guys pick?

imo:

Eli
    because without him we win five games this year. He was absolutely brilliant this year.

JPP because if he
    doesn't block that kick and show overall beastliness we probably don't make the Playoffs.

Cruz
    because without his incredible play this year and the 99 yarder against the Jets
    doesn't start our run.

Bradshaw because he is the heart and soul of this
    offense. We are a totally different team without him. Look at all our
    bad losses, Bradshaw was usually injured for them and didnt play.

Take away any of these players and the season isn't even close.

Veteran

Without JPP we would have finished 3rd in the NFCE.

Without Cruz we would have finished 3rd in the NFCE.

Without Eli we would have finished 4th.

[quote user="jjj45"] Not trying to discount Weatherford, but put another punter in there and chances are we still do okay. [/quote]
    Are you sure?