+ Reply to Thread

Scott Chandler, TE

Anyone in Western New York see this guy tear it up for the first six weeks of the year?

He's a free agent this off season. I just did some research on him, and had no idea that we had him on our practice squad during the 2009 season.

Would love to pick him up for cheap to see what he can do.

Re: Scott Chandler, TE

Yea we had him and no thanks bro, he is going to ask for a apy day. I prefer to develop like you said, someone in our practice squat or draft some kid who's hungy and comes to rip it up. That been said if he's not resign and doesn't find a home and comes at a reasonable price ? Why not .
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

^^^agreed,

also, i'd prefer m.bennet from dallas. he'd be cheaper, is young, and has great size. also would like fleener as well...really hope we draft him.

he could start day 1 for us, he can block and run great routes and is fast as heck.

fleener and ballard or bennet would be sick

All that been said I have a gut feeling Mike Pope and the rest of the scouts have someone hand picked . They like TE's from the BIG TEN, lots of running teams and hard nose guys . In fact coach Pope had his eye in Ballard long before he became an UFA rookie. I really don't think the Giants are drafting a TE ( high or low in the draft ) only if they really like a particular kid then they could take a chance on him like Boss ( was a 5th rounder if memory serves me well ) . I'm anxious to see how many compensatory picks the Giants are going to get this year, maybe one of this ones could turn out to be TE we all want.

I reallt don't know why you guys think Chandler is going to get a "huge pay day". If anything, he will demand less than Bennet. One season where he is actually on a team, 38 catches.

He's 25 and has only played one season. He doesn't have much room for bargaining.

6'7, 263. Played for Iowa. Can't get bigger ten than that.

[quote user="greenca190"]I reallt don't know why you guys think Chandler is going to get a "huge pay day". If anything, he will demand less than Bennet. One season where he is actually on a team, 38 catches.

He's 25 and has only played one season. He doesn't have much room for bargaining.

6'7, 263. Played for Iowa. Can't get bigger ten than that.[/quote]
    I really don't think he's going to get a huge pay day but for sure much more than the Giants are willing to give him.

[quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="greenca190"]I reallt don't know why you guys think Chandler is going to get a "huge pay day". If anything, he will demand less than Bennet. One season where he is actually on a team, 38 catches.

I really don't think he's going to get a huge pay day but for sure much more than the Giants are willing to give him.[/quote]

Yeah you didn't say anything about bennet, so never mind. I can see him staying in Buffalo, no doubt. But he's definitely a guy to look at in free agency that is under the radar.

[quote user="greenca190"][quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="greenca190"]I reallt don't know why you guys think Chandler is going to get a "huge pay day". If anything, he will demand less than Bennet. One season where he is actually on a team, 38 catches.

I really don't think he's going to get a huge pay day but for sure much more than the Giants are willing to give him.[/quote]

Yeah you didn't say anything about bennet, so never mind. I can see him staying in Buffalo, no doubt. But he's definitely a guy to look at in free agency that is under the radar.[/quote]
    Bennet is a kid that puzzles me, lots of talent and a physical freak but never did catch fire in D. We all know Witten is the lead dog there but didn't saw much out of him when he had his chances. I'm affraid he is not that much of a figther or hard worker ( thats me talking ) but again if he is out there at the end and comes in at a reasonable price I can see him working well with coach Pope , humble a little bit and for sure has the tools to be a good TE.