+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cliff Harris

Cliff Harris

Pre season the guy was rated as high as the #6 overall prospect by CBS's Pete Prisco before all his off the field issues and subsequent dismissal from Oregon. My question is in what round would you overlook the off field baggage and gamble on his on field talent?

I say 5th round, the guy immediately gives us an electric return man and ball hawking cover man on obvious passing downs.

Highlights

Re: Cliff Harris

From what I read, his transgressions weren't horrible, but the fact that is was perpetual was troubling. His off the field issues can be perceived in two ways:

A. Minor immature issues not on par with more serious offenses, therefore remediable

B. Habitual issues that shows lack of learning/potential to persist and even balloon.

Is he holding any workouts or invited to the combine? Would like to see where he was weightwise after a year off before I give a round grade where I would take him.

[quote user="bLuereverie"]From what I read, his transgressions weren't horrible, but the fact that is was perpetual was troubling. His off the field issues can be perceived in two ways:

A. Minor immature issues not on par with more serious offenses, therefore remediable

B. Habitual issues that shows lack of learning/potential to persist and even balloon.

Is he holding any workouts or invited to the combine? Would like to see where he was weightwise after a year off before I give a round grade where I would take him.[/quote]
    He was invited to the combine and I don't think his weight will be an issue. For one he played in 4 games this season and two, the guy is rail thin and doesn't strike me as a guy who gets out of shape very easily. If anything he could stand to put on some bulk.

I'm interested to see what he runs his 40 in, I'm expecting a sub 4.4 with ease.

I wasn't worried about him getting fat, but rather the opposite. If he shows up less than 170, that in itself is an issue, moreso than his 40 time.

[quote user="bLuereverie"]I wasn't worried about him getting fat, but rather the opposite. If he shows up less than 170, that in itself is an issue, moreso than his 40 time.[/quote]
    He is what he is and thats an electric playmaker in the mold of Desean Jackson and Devin Hester. Will he ever be an every down defensive player? Probably not, but if he's around in the 5th or later you're getting tremendous value on an explosive kick returner and specialty cover man that could stick with the other teams burner or the quick slot guy ala wes welker.

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="bLuereverie"]I wasn't worried about him getting fat, but rather the opposite. If he shows up less than 170, that in itself is an issue, moreso than his 40 time.[/quote]
    He is what he is and thats an electric playmaker in the mold of Desean Jackson and Devin Hester. Will he ever be an every down defensive player? Probably not, but if he's around in the 5th or later you're getting tremendous value on an explosive kick returner and specialty cover man that could stick with the other teams burner or the quick slot guy ala wes welker.
    [/quote]

That's just the thing. We don't know what he is, and hopefully interviews can clear it up.

Giants wont draft him... too many issues. Whether they are minor or not, there are still multiple issues.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Im starting to think 7th rounder at best now.

Just far too high of a chance he will never play at all, and when he gets paid NFL money who knows what will happen, hes a menace to society already.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Im starting to think 7th rounder at best now.

Just far too high of a chance he will never play at all, and when he gets paid NFL money who knows what will happen, hes a menace to society already.[/quote]
    Why would he never play at all? Alls he did was speed and violate "team rules"......

Just did some reading of Harris, he's quite the character:

Dashboard camera footage from an Oregon State Police patrol car during the June 12, 4:30 a.m. traffic stop included this memorable exchange:

Patrolman: “Who’s got the marijuana in the car?”

Harris: "We smoked it all"

Harris' reported introductory line to his teammates in 2009: "My name is Cliff Harris, and I'm here to lock **** down."

as i said, who knows how much other nonsense the kid has done. Hes quite the little menace.

And you just have to wonder what kind of shape hes in both physically and mentally.