+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cliff Harris

Re: Cliff Harris

[quote user="heavyhitter"]Somebody will roll the dice on him, I don't see him w/ his talent going undrafted.
    [/quote]

Everyone said the same about Herzlich.

I remember threads where people wanted to take him in the 3rd round!

But in any case, there isnt a huge demand for 160 pound CBs who cant tackle and got kicked off their college team.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="heavyhitter"]Somebody will roll the dice on him, I don't see him w/ his talent going undrafted.
    [/quote]

Everyone said the same about Herzlich.

I remember threads where people wanted to take him in the 3rd round!

But in any case, there isnt a huge demand for 160 pound CBs who cant tackle and got kicked off their college team.[/quote]Two totally different case scenerio's comparing Harris to Herzlich. Harris will be red flagged for his "character concerns" and Herzlich was red flagged for his medical. Herzlich went undrafted, Harris will be drafted.

[quote user="heavyhitter"]Two totally different case scenerio's comparing Harris to Herzlich. Harris will be red flagged for his "character concerns" and Herzlich was red flagged for his medical. Herzlich went undrafted, Harris will be drafted.
    [/quote]

Harris is red flagged not only for character concerns, hes a 160 pound CB who cant tackle...

Everyone here was SURE herzlich would be drafted too

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="heavyhitter"]Two totally different case scenerio's comparing Harris to Herzlich. Harris will be red flagged for his "character concerns" and Herzlich was red flagged for his medical. Herzlich went undrafted, Harris will be drafted.
    [/quote]

Harris is red flagged not only for character concerns, hes a 160 pound CB who cant tackle...

Everyone here was SURE herzlich would be drafted too[/quote]

From a PAC-10 blogger with ESPN College Football Insider:

"The bad side of Harris was his immaturity and poor decision-making. On the field, he could be brilliant. He was an extraordinary ballhawk. But he also was a poor-to-middling tackler and often got out of position. Many fans could never understand why coach Chip Kelly and defensive coordinator Nick Aliotti said -- over and over and over again -- that CB Talmadge Jackson was their best defensive back in 2010. It was because Harris made two bad plays for every good one.

Still, there was always hope -- even after the traffic stop -- that he would grow up, see the light and become a true superstar at Oregon.

That's no longer an option in Eugene. Maybe he'll find maturity somewhere else?

Some perspective here."

Making 2 bad plays for every good one is not a tendency Giants look for in a draft pick.

The kid clearly never understood the concept of team, in that he is a repeat offender of one bad decision or another. Again, not a tendency Giants look for.

Let some other team try to make him into something he is not.

It would be very out of character for the Giants to even look at this kid.

Reminder: The Giants dont like Small defensive players. The Giants like Corners who are sound physical players who can tackle. The Giants value character, perhaps more than any team in the league. To a lesser degree the Giants like players who have shown they can play in poor/windy/cold weather.

I honestly think if Harris gets drafted it will be primarily as a punt returner, very late in the draft,and by some team other than the Giants.

Harris is small weight wise, but height wise he actually fits what the giants look for. 5'11 with long arms.

The weight thing is a massive issue though.

The character concerns with the kid wont get him a look before round 6, IMO. 7th round comp pick is possible for him, but I still doubt it.

Now if the kid shows up to the combine at 185+ pounds, shows off his athleticism, and interviews well, shows remorse and that hes learned from his mistakes, theres a possibility that he is drafted, perhaps earlier than round 5.

But its still really really unlikely.

[quote user="BlueSanta"]
    I honestly think if Harris gets drafted it will be primarily as a punt returner, very late in the draft,and by some team other than the Giants.
    [/quote]Agree 100%, there's more to the Cliff Harris "character concerns" than most of us know about. Like I said in my initial post, some team will roll the dice and gamble on him late in the draft.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Harris is small weight wise, but height wise he actually fits what the giants look for. 5'11 with long arms.

The weight thing is a massive issue though.

The character concerns with the kid wont get him a look before round 6, IMO. 7th round comp pick is possible for him, but I still doubt it.

Now if the kid shows up to the combine at 185+ pounds, shows off his athleticism, and interviews well, shows remorse and that hes learned from his mistakes, theres a possibility that he is drafted, perhaps earlier than round 5.

But its still really really unlikely.[/quote]Didn't you post a mock draft about a month ago w/ Cliff Harris going to the Giants in round 3. Change of heart, what happened?

I'm more interested in his kick return ability than his coverage ability. Perfect for a 5th-6th round pick. Keep in mind this team has been total crap in the return game since... well forever, though it was decent when we had Hixon. Last KR we had for a touchdown was over 2 seasons ago. We go years without a KR or PR for a TD.

If there was a Devin Hester-esq player available at number 32, I would take him if I were the Giants.

[quote user="heavyhitter"]Didn't you post a mock draft about a month ago w/ Cliff Harris going to the Giants in round 3. Change of heart, what happened?
    [/quote]

Heard from scouts that Cliff Harris has 'no' draft stock, at all.

Thats not to say I dont like Cliff Harris, I watched him play two years ago and was amazed by his talent on defense, thought he was the best off-man corner in the country, and a great returner too.

But his off the field stuff is just piling up, he just has a horrible attitude and no maturity, so I just dont see any way he has had his head on straight the past couple months and shows up to the combine in shape, at a good weight, and does everyhting including interview well.