+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

FAs I would like us to re-sign

Aaron Ross (I like him personally, and IF he doesn't ask for a huge amount, then do it)
    Devin Thomas (I think he would be a great #3 if we lose MM)
    Mario Mannigham (again if he doesn't ask for #1 WR money....)
    Justin Tryon
    Jonathan Goff (not sure how much he islookin for after his injury)
    Terrell Thomas (also not sure if he will ask for alot of $$)
    Rocky Bernard
    Steve Weatherford
    Chase Blackburn (seriously he should be considered to start at MLB.....people didn't have a high opinion of Pierce either)
    Derrick Martin (this guy looked good.....good speed, good awareness)
    Bear Pascoe
    Jake Ballard

Re: FAs I would like us to re-sign

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Aaron Ross (I like him personally, and IF he doesn't ask for a huge amount, then do it) Should get him on the cheap, won't get any money anywhere else

Devin Thomas (I think he would be a great #3 if we lose MM) Not really seen anything that makes me think he could step in for Mario

Mario Mannigham (again if he doesn't ask for #1 WR money....) If he was smart he sign a good deal and continue to get his shots playing with Cruz and Nicks, not a #1 so won't get big money elsewhree.

Justin Tryon Again, not seen anything exciting, couple penalties come to mint.

Jonathan Goff (not sure how much he islookin for after his injury) Big question mark, was over achieving when he went down.

Terrell Thomas (also not sure if he will ask for alot of $$) Another question mark, how good will he be, will it take 1/2 the year to get back to where he was?

Rocky Bernard Should stay, shouldn't ask for big money, fits well in the system.

Steve Weatherford Kind of grew on me over the long haul,

Chase Blackburn (seriously he should be considered to start at MLB.....people didn't have a high opinion of Pierce either) Played great, knew it was his last shot in the NFL and took advantage of it, should stay with a decent offer

Derrick Martin (this guy looked good.....good speed, good awareness) Where did you see him on the practice squad.

Bear Pascoe Not a superstar but fits in well, shouldn't take a lot to keep him.

Jake Ballard Makes the best out of his opportunities, maybe learned from Boss's mistake and stays home for less money.[/quote]

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Aaron Ross- Pass. T2 is more important.

Devin Thomas-Pass. Hasn't show anything at WR. And Jernigan takes away from his abilities at ST. Keep him if he comes cheap and is willing to be #4.

Mario Mannigham- Pass. Will get better offer than we can pay. Nicks/Cruz are our future.

Justin Tryon
    - Resign. Yes keep him. Solid Nickel CB and can return kicks.

Jonathan Goff - Pass. Barely better than Blackburn and coming off an ACL tear. Pass.

Terrell Thomas -Resign. Important to our future. playmaker and great blitzer/runstopper. Charles Woodson lite.

Rocky Bernard- PassToo expensive. Getting up there in age. Can draft late round DT plus Marvin Austin.

Steve Weatherford
    -Resign. Nothing needs to be said. Plays his position well, makes ST decent and good locker room guy.

Chase Blackburn -Resign. But as ST player and backup MLB.

Derrick Martin -Pass. Offers nothing but ST penalties. Can't be used on defense.

Bear Pascoe - Pass. Really bad player. Holding penalties galore.

Jake Ballard-Resign. Will be good in a 2 TE set with Fleener.

[quote user="giantsfan39"]Devin Thomas-Pass. Hasn't show anything at WR. And Jernigan takes away from his abilities at ST. [/quote]

You do realize there are other ST positions besides returner, right?

Devin Thomas was absolutely crucial to the Giants STs, far more so than Jerningan. Thomas was the best gunner on punts/kicks this team has had since Tyree was in his prime.

Veteran

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="giantsfan39"]Devin Thomas-Pass. Hasn't show anything at WR. And Jernigan takes away from his abilities at ST. [/quote]

You do realize there are other ST positions besides returner, right?

Devin Thomas was absolutely crucial to the Giants STs, far more so than Jerningan. Thomas was the best gunner on punts/kicks this team has had since Tyree was in his prime.[/quote]
    you also might want to give him a couple snaps at receiver before you say hes hasn't show anything at WR smfh

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Main ones for me would be T2, Weatherford, Devin Thomas and Blackburn.

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Aaron Ross (I like him personally, and IF he doesn't ask for a huge amount, then do it)
    Devin Thomas (I think he would be a great #3 if we lose MM)
    Mario Mannigham (again if he doesn't ask for #1 WR money....)
    Justin Tryon
    Jonathan Goff (not sure how much he islookin for after his injury)
    Terrell Thomas (also not sure if he will ask for alot of $$)
    Rocky Bernard
    Steve Weatherford
    Chase Blackburn (seriously he should be considered to start at MLB.....people didn't have a high opinion of Pierce either)
    Derrick Martin (this guy looked good.....good speed, good awareness)
    Bear Pascoe
    Jake Ballard[/quote]

I like your suggestion for Ross and Thomas. I would sign Goff and Thomas back to a one year contract to see if they earn a longer term contract next season.

Weatherford is a must, as he proved his value all year, but specially during the big game, he pinned the Pats back and pinned them back all game long. I can't say enough about the value of having a great punter like Weatherford around.

I don't know what to make of Bernard. He came to the team with very high expectations, but since, we have only seen him after Joseph and Canty come off the field, and considering the young talent we have at the position it would be irrational to sign him. He is not a bad player, but we are loaded on the line.

As far as Blackburn goes, he has earned a spot in my opinion. Great warrior, great leader, and a solid backer. If he wants to retire, then he should be sent off in style with due fanfare.

All in all, I would give one year deals to those players who have a good and productive history and are coming out of a missed year with injuries. I would try and bring back Blackburn, Manningham and Ross if the money is right. I would make Weatherford to a long term deal. Everyone else seem to be either, at the point of retirement, or very replaceable.

TT, Thomas, Blackburn, Weatherford. The rest can go.

-Ross: Too expensive. Pass

-D. Thomas: Re-sign if the money is right. Possible #3 WR candidate, ST play.

-Manningham: Too expensive. Pass.

-Goff, T. Thomas, Ballard: Possible 1-year deal pending injury recovery.

-Blackburn: Possible re-sign. Mutually exclusive with Goff.

-Pascoe: 1-year deal. Must maintain depth at TE, presume Ballard and Beckum unable to play at the start of the season due to injury.

-Weatherford: Must Re-sign. Franchise Tag if no deal is made. I for one REFUSE to go back to this guy:

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]-Weatherford: Must Re-sign. Franchise Tag if no deal is made. I for one REFUSE to go back to this guy:
    [/quote]
    [quote user="Toadofsteel"]-Franchise Tag if no deal is made. [/quote]
    Absolutely, he was as instrumental in this season's success as Dodge was for the previous season's lack of it. He can not be let go.

I wonder what Dodge is doing these days?