+ Reply to Thread

staying in house for

TE with Christian Hopkins .They are high on him.wouldnt have to spend any money now or how about signing Shaincoe from Vikings.He didnt show us much when with us but thenagain we didnt have Eli to throw him the ball .
    "it don't cost you nothing to be nice"

Re: staying in house for

[quote user="giantcarll"]TE with Christian Hopkins .They are high on him.wouldnt have to spend any money now or how about signing Shaincoe from Vikings.He didnt show us much when with us but thenagain we didnt have Eli to throw him the ball .[/quote]

Uhh..yeah we did...

Yeah we did, where have you been. We let him go after developing him and yes I would take him back.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

In what way are we high on him? He didn't even make the team (Keep in mind two UDFA's made it over him)

i read somwhere that jerry reese said the coaches really like him

[quote user="giantcarll"]TE with Christian Hopkins .They are high on him.wouldnt have to spend any money now or how about signing Shaincoe from Vikings.He didnt show us much when with us but thenagain we didnt have Eli to throw him the ball .[/quote]
    +1. Stay in house or bring a veteran (and not too expensive) FA on board until Ballard can hopefully come back. And Pascoe still has really good value.

[quote user="smashndash715"]i read somwhere that jerry reese said the coaches really like him[/quote]

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...7-e956b4ed8298

Heres a rundown of Hopkins.

Hometown
    : Chicago, IL

College
    : Toledo

Height
    : 6-5

Weight
    : 277

Following college, Hopkins spent two years in the UFL before joining the Giants at the start of the 2011 training camp.

Reese commented on what we could expect from Hopkins.

[He]
    is a big kid that we like practices hard every day that our coaches
    like and think he has some potential to come in and compete for a job
    as well, Reese said. Hes a big kid. Hes at least 6-5, about 275
    pounds and he works hard every day at practice. Hes endeared himself to
    our coaches with how hard he works and he has soft hands, catches the
    ball nice. Hell be a guy. And obviously well look in free agency and
    well look in the draft for positions that we think we may have some
    holes right now.

How good can Hopkins be? He might have some raw talent but to go into the season with him and Pascoe is a scary situation at TE.

Im ok with developing Hopkins at TE to go along with Pascoe. But Shiancoe at a reasonable price would be welcomed by many fans I'm sure.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

joel dreesen