+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Combine Bets

Combine Bets

With the NFL Combine just a week away lets make things interesting with some head to head predictions.

Better 40 time:
    Kuechly > Burfict (> means better time)
    Fleener > Allen
    Lamar Miller > Richardson
    RG3> all RB's except Rainey, Demps and Lamichael James

Feel free to add some other interesting head to heads in any event

One more.....Montana's Trumaine Johnson will emerge as the best overall athlete of the cornerbacks

All-Pro

Re: Combine Bets

Demps is gonna run track last I heard and not go pro

[quote user="lawl"]Demps is gonna run track last I heard and not go pro[/quote]
    Yeah, I forgot he was training for the Olympics, but I think theres still a chance he'll play in the NFL

Veteran

[quote user="juice33s"]With the NFL Combine just a week away lets make things interesting with some head to head predictions.

Better 40 time:
    Fleener > Allen

One more.....Montana's Trumaine Johnson will emerge as the best overall athlete of the cornerbacks

[/quote]

Seems like a bold prediction with Kuechly vs. Burfict, isn't Burfict projected in the 4.5's and Kuechly in the 4.7's?

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="juice33s"]With the NFL Combine just a week away lets make things interesting with some head to head predictions.

Better 40 time:
    Fleener > Allen

[/quote]

Seems like a bold prediction with Kuechly vs. Burfict, isn't Burfict projected in the 4.5's and Kuechly in the 4.7's?[/quote]
    I just call em how i see em. IMO Kuechly's athleticism is under rated while Burficts is over rated. All of Kuechly's production can't just be from "great instincts", while Burficts lack there of, can't be from just "poor instincts".

All-Pro

[quote user="juice33s"]*[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="juice33s"]With the NFL Combine just a week away lets make things interesting with some head to head predictions.

Better 40 time:
    Fleener > Allen

[/quote]

Seems like a bold prediction with Kuechly vs. Burfict, isn't Burfict projected in the 4.5's and Kuechly in the 4.7's?[/quote]
    I just call em how i see em. IMO Kuechly's athleticism is under rated while Burficts is over rated. All of Kuechly's production can't just be from "great instincts", while Burficts lack there of, can't be from just "poor instincts".
    [/quote]

Why not? Look at martez Wilson last year

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="juice33s"]*[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="juice33s"]With the NFL Combine just a week away lets make things interesting with some head to head predictions.

Better 40 time:
    Fleener > Allen

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why not? Look at martez Wilson last year[/quote] Wilson had 100+ tackles and 4 sacks as a senior....but its not just that, imo Kuechly appears to have the body type (ripped up) of an explosive athlete more so then Burfict. Also his tape shows a guy who plays alot faster then given credit for.

Also keep in mind that Kuechly is about 15 pounds lighter then Burfict which certainly plays a factor too

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="lawl"]Demps is gonna run track last I heard and not go pro[/quote]
    Yeah, I forgot he was training for the Olympics, but I think theres still a chance he'll play in the NFL
    [/quote]

In the paper where I live he is quoted as saying he is done with football.

I agree that Kuechly will do better than most think at the combine. I do not however, know if he will do better then VB at the 40.

Some things I think will happen and some others I want to see.

-David Wilson will run very fast. As will LaMichael James. In fact, the Rb group as a whole will do well. I think Darrell Scott of USF could also put up some crazy numbers in a lot of areas considering his size. Obviously, Chris Rainey is a pre combine favorite for best 40 time. Chris Polk reportedly looked slow during the senior bowl week, I am anxious to see if he can prove some people wrong.

- Zach Brown is going to run a lightning fast 40, and because of it the boards will explode with people who want him, even if his tape isnt that good.

- Dontari Poe(DT/NT Memphis) - The strength coach at his school is roaring about how strong this kid has become in the weight room since stepping on campus. For a guy to be that vocal prior to the combine, I expect pretty good things.

- I will be anxious to see if Dwayne Allen is actually 6'4 as well as how long his arms are. He needs those numbers to be considered a pick for us at 32 imho. I will also be interested in Fleener's 10 yard split because I do think he can be sluggish off the LoS at times. I will also be interested in what people think of his frame. I have read his leg size/ strength is a concern. I think this matters a great deal if he is to be a consideration for us at 32.

- I am looking at what shape Alshon Jeffrey comes to the combine. There are conflicting reports on this. He is a kid who does seem to get too large for his uniform at times, so I think his draft status hinges on his fitness level.

- If I had to pick positions that will do the best, I would say Rb and DE. I see some DEs who will be fast(coples, Jones, Marcilus) and some who will be strong and powerful(Ingram and Upshaw.)

- There are some mammoth guards coming out this year. I want to see if they have some athleticism to go with their size. We need interior line help, as well as Tackle help and our guards need to be able to move a bit.

I am sure I will think of more.

Here's my order of 40 times (from best to worst) of 3 potential 1st round receivers:
    Sanu, Blackmon, Floyd

+ Reply to Thread