+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Combine Bets

Re: Combine Bets

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Disappointing........just saw a video from nfl.com that said the top WR picks may at best run around a 5.00 40 time. So there will be some good WRs, but they will be slow, like TE slow.[/quote]

Are you sure they didnt say 4.5s?

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Disappointing........just saw a video from nfl.com that said the top WR picks may at best run around a 5.00 40 time. So there will be some good WRs, but they will be slow, like TE slow.[/quote]

u definitely misheard what they said..thats not even close to accurate

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Disappointing........just saw a video from nfl.com that said the top WR picks may at best run around a 5.00 40 time. So there will be some good WRs, but they will be slow, like TE slow.[/quote]Defensive Tackles can run a 5 second 40. I don't think a WR (any WR) has ever ran a 5 second 40. You saw how much heat Alshon Jeffrey was taking for allegedly running a 4.88 40, right.

[quote user="BlueSanta"]I agree that Kuechly will do better than most think at the combine. I do not however, know if he will do better then VB at the 40.

Some things I think will happen and some others I want to see.

-David Wilson will run very fast. As will LaMichael James. In fact, the Rb group as a whole will do well. I think Darrell Scott of USF could also put up some crazy numbers in a lot of areas considering his size. Obviously, Chris Rainey is a pre combine favorite for best 40 time. Chris Polk reportedly looked slow during the senior bowl week, I am anxious to see if he can prove some people wrong.

- Zach Brown is going to run a lightning fast 40, and because of it the boards will explode with people who want him, even if his tape isnt that good.
    [/quote]Don't sleep on small school stud T.Y. Hilton (WR, FIU). He's a blazer, and could run in the 4.3 range.

Think Rich Eisen breaks 6.0 this year?

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="GGTM_1977"]Disappointing........just saw a video from nfl.com that said the top WR picks may at best run around a 5.00 40 time. So there will be some good WRs, but they will be slow, like TE slow.[/quote]

Are you sure they didnt say 4.5s?[/quote]

Ok my bad....I believe they said 4.5-4.6, thats not terribly fast for top WR picks though. The said if Balckman runs a 4.6 or higher at the combine, his stock could drop....

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]

Ok my bad....I believe they said 4.5-4.6, thats not terribly fast for top WR picks though. The said if Balckman runs a 4.6 or higher at the combine, his stock could drop....[/quote]

Yea, overall this WR class is made up of big body guys who arent blazers.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Think Rich Eisen breaks 6.0 this year?[/quote]

No. Not even worthy of a bet. The thing worth betting is what his excuse would be.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Think Rich Eisen breaks 6.0 this year?[/quote]
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-for-that.html

here’s how Eisen has performed since he started the popular bit back in 2005:

2011: 6.18

2010: 6.24

2009: 6.34

2008: 6.34

2007: 6.43

2006: 6.22

2005: 6.77

Who has the inside scoop on his workout regime, has he been training?....I'm going to say no

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="BlueSanta"]I agree that Kuechly will do better than most think at the combine. I do not however, know if he will do better then VB at the 40.

Some things I think will happen and some others I want to see.

-David Wilson will run very fast. As will LaMichael James. In fact, the Rb group as a whole will do well. I think Darrell Scott of USF could also put up some crazy numbers in a lot of areas considering his size. Obviously, Chris Rainey is a pre combine favorite for best 40 time. Chris Polk reportedly looked slow during the senior bowl week, I am anxious to see if he can prove some people wrong.

-* Zach Brown is going to run a lightning fast 40, and because of it the boards will explode with people who want him, even if his tape isnt that good.
    [/quote]Don't sleep on small school stud T.Y. Hilton (WR, FIU). He's a blazer, and could run in the 4.3 range.
    [/quote] any thoughts on Joe Adams?