+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Combine Bets

Re: Combine Bets

[quote user="BlueSanta"]
    - Dontari Poe(DT/NT Memphis) - The strength coach at his school is roaring about how strong this kid has become in the weight room since stepping on campus. For a guy to be that vocal prior to the combine, I expect pretty good things.

[/quote]

He put up a combine best 44 reps. What did I win?

[quote user="juice33s"]*[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="juice33s"]With the NFL Combine just a week away lets make things interesting with some head to head predictions.

Better 40 time:
    Kuechly > Burfict (> means better time)
    Fleener > Allen
    Lamar Miller > Richardson
    RG3> all RB's except Rainey, Demps and Lamichael James

Feel free to add some other interesting head to heads in any event

One more.....Montana's Trumaine Johnson will emerge as the best overall athlete of the cornerbacks

[/quote]

Seems like a bold prediction with Kuechly vs. Burfict, isn't Burfict projected in the 4.5's and Kuechly in the 4.7's?[/quote]
    I just call em how i see em. IMO Kuechly's athleticism is under rated while Burficts is over rated. All of Kuechly's production can't just be from "great instincts", while Burficts lack there of, can't be from just "poor instincts".
    [/quote] Bump

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="BlueSanta"]I agree that Kuechly will do better than most think at the combine. I do not however, know if he will do better then VB at the 40.

Some things I think will happen and some others I want to see.

-David Wilson will run very fast. As will LaMichael James. In fact, the Rb group as a whole will do well. I think Darrell Scott of USF could also put up some crazy numbers in a lot of areas considering his size. Obviously, Chris Rainey is a pre combine favorite for best 40 time. Chris Polk reportedly looked slow during the senior bowl week, I am anxious to see if he can prove some people wrong.

- Zach Brown is going to run a lightning fast 40, and because of it the boards will explode with people who want him, even if his tape isnt that good.
    [/quote]Don't sleep on small school stud T.Y. Hilton (WR, FIU). He's a blazer, and could run in the 4.3 range.
    [/quote] any thoughts on Joe Adams?[/quote]

At the senior bowl reports were that Adams was mind blowingly elusive.

Prob is I think he is a slot guy which isnt what we need. But, I think he will be a dangerous welker type wr in the middle for someone. Oh and he is a SICK punt returner.

Veteran

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="juice33s"]*[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="juice33s"]With the NFL Combine just a week away lets make things interesting with some head to head predictions.

Better 40 time:
    Fleener > Allen

One more.....Montana's Trumaine Johnson will emerge as the best overall athlete of the cornerbacks

[/quote]

Seems like a bold prediction with Kuechly vs. Burfict, isn't Burfict projected in the 4.5's and Kuechly in the 4.7's?[/quote]
    I just call em how i see em. IMO Kuechly's athleticism is under rated while Burficts is over rated. All of Kuechly's production can't just be from "great instincts", while Burficts lack there of, can't be from just "poor instincts".
    [/quote] Bump[/quote]

Damn you were dead right about that one. I have no idea how a guy can look so fast on tape and then run so slow on the combine. According to those numbers, Burfict can't catch up to Peyton Manning. (or 21 year old Peyton at least, I'm sure he can now)

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="juice33s"]With the NFL Combine just a week away lets make things interesting with some head to head predictions.

Better 40 time:
    Fleener > Allen

[/quote]

[/quote] Bump[/quote]

Bump

You deserve it. I expected a better combine that people were predicting but damn, who could expect this.

Good call.

Btw, I am getting sick of a guy being called "unathletic" for no other reason that he is white. That is all this was, plain and simple.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="juice33s"]With the NFL Combine just a week away lets make things interesting with some head to head predictions.

Better 40 time:
    Fleener > Allen

[/quote]

[/quote] Bump[/quote]

Bump

You deserve it. I expected a better combine that people were predicting but damn, who could expect this.

Good call.

Btw, I am getting sick of a guy being called "unathletic" for no other reason that he is white. That is all this was, plain and simple.
    [/quote]
    thank you sir....its really just about reading body types. Ripped up muscle guys (Kuechly) like willis, vernon davis, calvin johnson ect are 9 times out of 10 more explosive then sloppier looking guys (Burfict).

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="juice33s"]With the NFL Combine just a week away lets make things interesting with some head to head predictions.

Better 40 time:
    Fleener > Allen

[/quote]

[/quote] Bump[/quote]

Bump

Good call.

[/quote]
    thank you sir....its really just about reading body types. Ripped up muscle guys (Kuechly) like willis, vernon davis, calvin johnson ect are 9 times out of 10 more explosive then sloppier looking guys (Burfict).

All-Pro

Kuechly impressed me, but Burfect actualy was more un-impressing then anything else. He may have slipped into the 3-4 round range. Pathetic. I dont want that guy anymore. Shows complete lack of discipline and motivation. He is going to try to rely on his big play ability alone. Oh well, some just dont give a sh#%. He is one of them.

[quote user="TuckYou"]

Kuechly impressed me, but Burfect actualy was more un-impressing then anything else. He may have slipped into the 3-4 round range. [/quote]

He was in the 3-4 range if he ran and performed great at the combine.

Now hes in the undrafted range.