+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Mock - 1.0

My Mock - 1.0

1st Round: Dwayne Allen, TE - CLEM - NYG needed an upgrade at TE before two of their TEs injured their ACLs. I love Ballard i think hed be the one of the best back up tight ends inthe league. I want a Play maker who can light up the seam and get some YAC.

2nd Round: La Michael James, RB - Oregon - Need some RB depth. James is Darren Sproles 2.0 and could really give eli a solid pass catcher out of the back field, especially on 3rd down. No to mention helping in the return game.

3rd Round: Chandler Jones, DL - SU - is a good DL flying under the radar. has the athletisim to playwith his hand on the ground or standing up. and the size to work all along the DL.

4th Round: Nate Potter, OL - BSU - is very versitile, can play both OG and OT. good depth at OL and possible replacment.

5th Round: Brandon Brooks, OL - Miami(OH) - huge upside. 6'5'' 340lbs hard man to move about. more depth on the OL

6th Round: Miles Burris, ILB - SDSU

Re: My Mock - 1.0

1) Solid choice ... I prefer Fleener but they're 1 and 1a at this point (pre-Combine).

2) James is a reach here (although I like the player). Could almost reverse your 2 and 3 (since Chandler Jones is a borderline 2.

3) Not a big fan of Chandler Jones. Good mainstay guy but if he can't excel at rushing the passer, I don't want him. Seems like he'd be more comfortable in a 3-4 defense.

4) I like this pick,

5) If we're landing Nate Potter I don't think this pick is necessary. Would rather see a WR (McNutt) or LB (Keenan Robinson) in this spot.

6) 3-4 OLB pass rusher ... unless you're thinking of a converted DE ala the Adrian Tracy project (and we have one of those already) no thanks.

Overall ok ... while I like LaMichael James a lot, I'm just not sure we go with a RB in day 1 of the draft and I don't think he's there in day 2.

I'm not a Chandler Jones fan at all.

Otherwise pretty I like the picks.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"]1) Solid choice ... I prefer Fleener but they're 1 and 1a at this point (pre-Combine).

2) James is a reach here (although I like the player). Could almost reverse your 2 and 3 (since Chandler Jones is a borderline 2.

3) Not a big fan of Chandler Jones. Good mainstay guy but if he can't excel at rushing the passer, I don't want him. Seems like he'd be more comfortable in a 3-4 defense.

4) I like this pick,

5) If we're landing Nate Potter I don't think this pick is necessary. Would rather see a WR (McNutt) or LB (Keenan Robinson) in this spot.

6) 3-4 OLB pass rusher ... unless you're thinking of a converted DE ala the Adrian Tracy project (and we have one of those already) no thanks.

Overall ok ... while I like LaMichael James a lot, I'm just not sure we go with a RB in day 1 of the draft and I don't think he's there in day 2.

I'm not a Chandler Jones fan at all.

Otherwise pretty I like the picks. [/quote]

1st i agree on feeler/allen being 6 one half a dozen the other

2nd i actually had lamichael and chandler switched up a few times between 2nd and 3rd round.

3rd i on the other hand ama fan on chandler and i think he will be able to excell in wither 4-3 or 3-4 schemes. also coming in to our DL would help him to progress and improve. he would be the 3rd of 4th rotator depending on what we do with osi, kiwi and tolley.

4th and 5th - i think a huge amount of help along the OL is in need and i think potter is a steal and future starter and brooks has a monster frame that if he progresses into could be a solid RG

6th - i thought he was a ILB not a 3-4 OLB. i like his athletisim, plays with a chip on his shoulder. reminds me of a poor"er" mans jwill

[quote user="GiantPride27"]1st Round: Dwayne Allen, TE - CLEM - NYG needed an upgrade at TE before two of their TEs injured their ACLs. I love Ballard i think hed be the one of the best back up tight ends inthe league. I want a Play maker who can light up the seam and get some YAC. 2nd Round: La Michael James, RB - Oregon - Need some RB depth. James is Darren Sproles 2.0 and could really give eli a solid pass catcher out of the back field, especially on 3rd down. No to mention helping in the return game. 3rd Round: Chandler Jones, DL - SU - is a good DL flying under the radar. has the athletisim to playwith his hand on the ground or standing up. and the size to work all along the DL. 4th Round: Nate Potter, OL - BSU - is very versitile, can play both OG and OT. good depth at OL and possible replacment. 5th Round: Brandon Brooks, OL - Miami(OH) - huge upside. 6'5'' 340lbs hard man to move about. more depth on the OL 6th Round: Miles Burris, ILB - SDSU[/quote]not bad at all! I also had Allen in the 1st in my mock. Not that I dont like Fleener, but something tells me he may be gone by 32. I wonder if San Fran and Harbaugh likes him in the 1st?</P>

</P>

RB is pretty deep this year in the draft. I like Martin from Boise St in the 2nd. In my mock, I had the Giants taking a RB in the 4th---Turbin from Utah St. Potter would be solid in the 4th. He might be able to give Brewer competition at RT, if McKenzie is not re-signed.</P>

</P>

I dont know much about your 6th rd pick---but I could see the Gmen snagging a middle backer in the mid to late rds of the draft.</P>

</P>

I have read good things about Chandler and seen some of his play on tv. He might be a good addition to our DE rotation.</P>
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

[quote user="tonyt830"]

[quote user="GiantPride27"]1st Round: Dwayne Allen, TE - CLEM - NYG needed an upgrade at TE before two of their TEs injured their ACLs. I love Ballard i think hed be the one of the best back up tight ends inthe league. I want a Play maker who can light up the seam and get some YAC. 2nd Round: La Michael James, RB - Oregon - Need some RB depth. James is Darren Sproles 2.0 and could really give eli a solid pass catcher out of the back field, especially on 3rd down. No to mention helping in the return game. 3rd Round: Chandler Jones, DL - SU - is a good DL flying under the radar. has the athletisim to playwith his hand on the ground or standing up. and the size to work all along the DL. 4th Round: Nate Potter, OL - BSU - is very versitile, can play both OG and OT. good depth at OL and possible replacment. 5th Round: Brandon Brooks, OL - Miami(OH) - huge upside. 6'5'' 340lbs hard man to move about. more depth on the OL 6th Round: Miles Burris, ILB - SDSU[/quote]not bad at all!* I also had Allen in the 1st in my mock.* Not that I dont like Fleener, but something tells me he may be gone by 32.* I wonder if San Fran and Harbaugh likes him in the 1st?</P>

*</P>

RB is pretty deep this year in the draft.* I like Martin from Boise St in the 2nd.* In my mock, I had the Giants taking a RB in the 4th---Turbin from Utah St.* Potter would be solid in the 4th.* He might be able to give Brewer competition at RT, if McKenzie is not re-signed.</P>

*</P>

I dont know much about your 6th rd pick---but I could see the Gmen snagging a middle backer in the mid to late rds of the draft.</P>

*</P>

I have read good things about Chandler and seen some of his play on tv.* He might be a good addition to our DE rotation.</P>[/quote]

6th round pick, burris is a 6'2'' 240lb line backer out of sds who has a non stop motor. guy you love on special teams. fast 4.6-4.7 range. athletic. led his team in tackles and sacks.