OSI UMENYIORA: I'LL BE HAPPY WITH ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS

OSI UMENYIORA: I'LL BE HAPPY WITH ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS

"New York Giants
    defensive end Osi Umenyiora
    said Monday on ESPN Radio's 'Mike & Mike' program that when it comes to
    being traded by the Giants this offseason he could "see it going either
    way."

"We're just going to have to wait and see," Umenyiora said. "I can see it
    going either way. I can see where they would keep me, I can see where they would
    trade me, because it makes sense both ways. So hopefully things will work out in
    my interest. I know the team is going to do what's best for them. They've always
    made the right decisions for that organization. Whether that's keeping me or
    trading me, I'd love to stay, but at the end of the day I understand it's a
    business and hopefully things will work out."

Umenyiora also said he is "cool" with the Giants organization despite his
    highly-publicized issues with GM Jerry Reese and his contract in past
    offseasons.

"Me and Jerry Reese, me and the owners, Mr. Mara and Mr. Tisch, we're all
    cool," Umenyiora said. "Even when all that stuff was going on, it wasn't really
    as contentious as people would have thought. We just sat down and had a lot of
    conversations. We went back and forth as to what was going on. They understand
    it's a business just like I understand it's a business. If anything happens, in
    the event that I am traded or released, it's not going to be bad. They would
    probably be doing it for my own good, in actuality, so I'll be happy with
    anything that happens."

The most interesting thing here is that Umenyiora is not demanding anything.
    After having complained about playing time two offseasons ago and demanded a
    trade last offseason when he could not get the new contract he he wanted it
    sounds as though he will accept whatever the Giants decide to do without making
    an issue of it.

Personally, as long as Umenyiora can be happy with the Giants, I would love
    to see them keep him. He is only due $3.975 million for 2012, and unless the
    Giants are overwhelmed by a trade offer that would include a couple of high
    draft picks I don't know why they would trade him. He remains a difference-maker
    as a pass-rusher, and the plethora of defensive ends the Giants possess is part
    of what sets the Giants defense apart.

NOTE: 'Kudos' to Pro Football Talk for transcribing much of Umenyiora's 'Mike
    & Mike' appearance. 'Kudos' also to Mike Garafolo for finding this long before I did. Someday I
    will learn to listen to sports talk radio regularly during the day."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Re: OSI UMENYIORA: I'LL BE HAPPY WITH ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS

He pretty much said that same thing on Boomer & Carton this morning.

I hope that they can keep him around for 1 more year. He's a Giant and I'd prefer to see him end his career as a Giant, but at least keep him for 1 more year and then maybe draft a DE this year to get prepared for his leaving.

Osi is keeping it classy and if there is and BS talk its staying behind closed doors now. Good job.

If he stays I hope he is happy with the $$ he will be getting AND has gotten. If he goes I wish him luck and thank him for all he has done as a Giants player....

To be fair I will mention I dogged him last year for all the BS and I also thought he was milking his injury until the Giants were ready for a run.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="GameTime"]

Osi is keeping it classy and if there is and BS talk its staying behind closed doors now. Good job.

If he stays I hope he is happy with the $$ he will be getting AND has gotten. If he goes I wish him luck and thank him for all he has done as a Giants player....

To be fair I will mention I dogged him last year for all the BS and I also thought he was milking his injury until the Giants were ready for a run.

[/quote]

If he had not gone "public" with his discontent, he'd still be widely revered. This is the attitude he should have been displaying all along.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

[quote user="JJC7301"]He pretty much said that same thing on Boomer & Carton this morning.

I hope that they can keep him around for 1 more year. He's a Giant and I'd prefer to see him end his career as a Giant, but at least keep him for 1 more year and then maybe draft a DE this year to get prepared for his leaving.[/quote]

x2

One more year is worth more than a draft pick.

[quote user="Gimaniac"][quote user="JJC7301"]He pretty much said that same thing on Boomer & Carton this morning.

I hope that they can keep him around for 1 more year. He's a Giant and I'd prefer to see him end his career as a Giant, but at least keep him for 1 more year and then maybe draft a DE this year to get prepared for his leaving.[/quote]

x2

One more year is worth more than a draft pick.[/quote]

Especially if he has a very good year (motivated by FA). In that case, we'll still get a 3-4 rounder if someone else is willing to pay him more than us.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

All-Pro

perfect, he is well worth his 2012 salary

so unless somebody wants to cough up a #2 pick, then let him simply play out his contract and even then ... it would be a win now team and that would make the #2 a late #2

and, let's face it, we see it all the time, players in their contract year can be highly productive ... imagine a fairly healthy Osi on a mission for one last lucrative deal ??? ... i wouldnt want to be the opposing QB

Veteran

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote]

If he had not gone "public" with his discontent, he'd still be widely revered. This is the attitude he should have been displaying all along.
    [/quote]

its an affidavit blame brady for suing the nfl and asking player to write affidavits as evidence against the nfl. you all do know that other players around the league wrote one as well, there are probably some other giants players with contract disputes or disgruntlement that wrote it. its just that osi's came to light cause it was more appealing as evidence. reese didn't deny it so its true.

Osi didn't go public the media got a hold of the document and spun it beyond compare

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

it's easy to say the right things now! let's see if things don't go Osi's way how he behaves!!

right now he's got no leverage come training camp he can pull all kinds of BS so I hope he is sincere

If he keeps this attitude then i'm all for him coming back!

they are not getting another year out of him. He would sit out before he plays this year with the existing contract. The only options that he is acknowledging are being released, being traded or getting a new deal.