+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Giants will be reaching between rounds 2 - 4

[quote user="buffyblue"]NY Giants may reach a little bit to fill a need or the best available that they feel wont be around if they dont grab him then.

Remember JPP was a little bit of a reach. He was our third choice when we drafted him. We wanted Rolondo McLain but Oakland snagged him. Then we wanted CJ Spiller but Buffalo grabbed him. Lot of folks were surprised at the JPP pick. When they showed the back flips, I knew all was good.[/quote]

It wasn't a reach ... JPP was a first round talent (slotted around 22 or so).

It wasn't even a surprising pick since he was on their radar from the get go.

McClain not being available was a bigger surprise.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="buffyblue"]NY Giants may reach a little bit to fill a need or the best available that they feel wont be around if they dont grab him then. Remember JPP was a little bit of a reach. He was our third choice when we drafted him. We wanted Rolondo McLain but Oakland snagged him. Then we wanted CJ Spiller but Buffalo grabbed him. Lot of folks were surprised at the JPP pick. When they showed the back flips, I knew all was good.[/quote]

No, JPP was the opposite of a reach. He was a BPA pure and simple. BPA is, by definition, not a reach.

[/quote]

Derrick Morgan was the top DE in that draft according to Kiper and McShay... Looks like the Giants made a fantastic decision.

[/quote]

It depended on what "expert" you went by. There were multiple reports that the Titans(who got Morgan) wanted JPP. Mayock also had JPP > Morgan.

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="buffyblue"]NY Giants may reach a little bit to fill a need or the best available that they feel wont be around if they dont grab him then. Remember JPP was a little bit of a reach. He was our third choice when we drafted him. We wanted Rolondo McLain but Oakland snagged him. Then we wanted CJ Spiller but Buffalo grabbed him. Lot of folks were surprised at the JPP pick. When they showed the back flips, I knew all was good.[/quote]

No, JPP was the opposite of a reach. He was a BPA pure and simple. BPA is, by definition, not a reach.

[/quote]

Derrick Morgan was the top DE in that draft according to Kiper and McShay... Looks like the Giants made a fantastic decision.

[/quote]

You are absolutely right. NY Giants made a great decision and one that was not very popular at the time.

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="deekay7685"]keep an eye on wr- jordan white to be our new flanker in the middle rounds.
    i also think slb prospects like nigel bradham or keenan robinson are better fits for our defense than the lb's listed.[/quote]

I like Keenan Robinson a lot for the Giants.

4th or 5th round pick there.[/quote]

I'd take him in the 2nd. But that's not a reach or anything. That's just my organizations perspective on things in comparison to how the masses feel.

I can't believe I read this whole thread. What a waste.

[quote user="greenca190"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="deekay7685"]keep an eye on wr- jordan white to be our new flanker in the middle rounds.
    i also think slb prospects like nigel bradham or keenan robinson are better fits for our defense than the lb's listed.[/quote]

I'd take him in the 2nd. But that's not a reach or anything. That's just my organizations perspective on things in comparison to how the masses feel.

I can't believe I read this whole thread. What a waste.[/quote]

Taking a borderline 4th round pick in the second is the definition of reach.

If you really wanted him *and* you had intel that another team was going to jump that pick, then that's a different story ... but it would still be considered a reach by the masses.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="greenca190"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="deekay7685"]keep an eye on wr- jordan white to be our new flanker in the middle rounds.

I can't believe I read this whole thread. What a waste.[/quote]

Taking a borderline 4th round pick in the second is the definition of reach.

If you really wanted him *and* you had intel that another team was going to jump that pick, then that's a different story ... but it would still be considered a reach by the masses.[/quote]

Oh my god it was complete sarcasm, dude. That, while making fun of how stubborn some people on this board can be with semantics.