+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why don't we use Barden more?

He's so tall. 6'6"!! I don't get why we don't use him more in the red zone. Eli should be able to lob it up there for him and he should be able to make the grab. I'm not saying that he can be an every play receiver or even a starter but I don't get why we didn't use such a tall weapon like him more frequently. especially in the red zone situations. He has such a height advantage on short cornerbacks.

Re: Why don't we use Barden more?

lol jk

[quote user="miken609"]He's so tall. 6'6"!! I don't get why we don't use him more in the red zone. Eli should be able to lob it up there for him and he should be able to make the grab. I'm not saying that he can be an every play receiver or even a starter but I don't get why we didn't use such a tall weapon like him more frequently. especially in the red zone situations. He has such a height advantage on short cornerbacks.[/quote]

He has to be active []
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

we will use him a lot next year because MM will
    "go on take money and run.....oooohh Laawd!! "
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

[quote user="miken609"]lol jk[/quote]Thank god.

Heard this a lot from Vacchiano haha.

Seriously, I think a lot had to do with his lack of game-time. He's barely played and would've been hard to trust down the pressure stretch.
    Also, it was more advantageous having Devin Thomas active as he allowed the team an extra spot since he could play both WR and ST.

Veteran

I the old he's tall why not just throw it up to him argument - uggh - it takes more then height and a big body to be good in this league.

Banned

If he was good enough, they would use him. Fact is, he could be cut.

LOL! If Barden's height was the main point of why he should have more of an impact, then we can trade him to Carolina for Steve Smith, claiming that we are being generous in trading away such a tremendous talent for such a small player.

I thought his height would help us out a ton after we drafted him but it just hasn't worked out. I think Devin Thomas' physicality more than makes up for the difference in their heights.

I got a good feeling about him becoming our #3 next year and Barden might be our #4 (maybe even 5 if Hixon is back)...just a hunch I have.
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants