+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Would Drafting A Defensive Player, Be A Wasted Pick ?

With a veteran secondary bringing back TT, Prince, ( with the possibility of Chad Jones coming back ) plus Tyson, Coe. With a LBing Corp having a solid group of veterans and Rookies all signed (with Goff coming back ). With a Defensive line all signed with Marvin Austin coming back. I just do not know if a Defensive rookie, could make this squad.

Re: Would Drafting A Defensive Player, Be A Wasted Pick ?

Can never have too many pass rushers, or corner backs either lol :P
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

No.

I dont think there is a single position on defense that they couldnt improve on.

Worst case, you add a quality depth player, which with the injuries this team gets, is always a positive.

No such thing as a wasted pick as long as the guy doesn't bust. I think there's a lot of ways the Giants could go with their early picks next year. I think the most pressing need is an offensive lineman or a true impact linebacker, but fortunately, right now, we have no real glaring needs.

As long as we get the best player available, and he happens to produce and improve as any first round rookie should... then, there is no such a thing as a wasted pick.

A wasted pick is a player that you think you need, then go out of your way to skip a bunch of talented prospect in order to fill a 'need position player', only to have your heart and bank broken.

This year may be the exception. Looking at all the bodies across the board, how is a rook gonna crack the starting line up, or take playing time away from a player we have invested time in, that has earned His reps during a game ?

[quote user="jgrangers11"]No such thing as a wasted pick as long as the guy doesn't bust. I think there's a lot of ways the Giants could go with their early picks next year. I think the most pressing need is an offensive lineman or a true impact linebacker, but fortunately, right now, we have no real glaring needs.[/quote]

I agree with both of your points. An OLineman would be great to have... anything to help Eli and the Running game.

Veteran

I'd be thrilled with a linebacker, and happy with a safety or cornerback.

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"]This year may be the exception. Looking at all the bodies across the board, how is a rook gonna crack the starting line up, or take playing time away from a player we have invested time in, that has earned His reps during a game ?[/quote]

Lets see.

They have only 2 guys at DT with any NFL experience.
    DE they have 3 guys, they need someone to take Tollefson's reps. Even a bigger issue if Osi is dealt.
    LB they have no MLB other than Greg Jones.
    CB they have Webster, Prince, and thats it. (pending resigning FAs)
    S they have KP, Rolle, and Sash, unless they are giving that Grant roll to Sash, another safety could come in and take that job.