+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

3 man rush/prevent on 2nd and goal

Honestly wtf was fewell thinking? he basically handed them a td by doing that

Re: 3 man rush/prevent on 2nd and goal

Yes, a 4 man rush would have been great...but then without Tuck dropping back into coverage they have receivers running open. It was too long for Rodgers to have to find someone.

[quote user="KillaRich"]Honestly wtf was fewell thinking? he basically handed them a td by doing that[/quote]

Did u watch the Saint game a week ago? When the Saints were on Goal line Jimmy Graham killed us in man to man coverage.

We still made it a tough throw for Aaron Rodgers...He was very accurate and Driver was experienced enough to drag his toes.

Yall fans kill me with this. We can not play any team man to man....and I can give u all the evidence and why. Sprags would not be able to win with these corners.

worst call of the game........

to me thats where you man up and send the house

at lease make Rodgers have to make a quick decision.....he had 6 seconds....thats awful

All-Pro

[quote user="YATittle1962"]worst call of the game........ to me thats where you man up and send the house[/quote]

esp when we were having success being aggressive earlier in the game. Sending 3 didn't get us anywhere the last 11 games. Yet he does it again.

He's gotta go.

[quote user="T-Murda84"][quote user="KillaRich"]Honestly wtf was fewell thinking? he basically handed them a td by doing that[/quote]

Did u watch the Saint game a week ago? When the Saints were on Goal line Jimmy Graham killed us in man to man coverage.

We still made it a tough throw for Aaron Rodgers...He was very accurate and Driver was experienced enough to drag his toes.

Yall fans kill me with this. We can not play any team man to man....and I can give u all the evidence and why. Sprags would not be able to win with these corners.[/quote]

Our corners are way better then when we had spags.... man to man .... vs man to man and bringing the house is a completely different story...... giants get killed man to man because they give the qb way too much too time..... maybe if you bring some extra pressure and give the qb little time to throw its advnatge to the qb's... please stop it you ignorant fool.... spags would love to have this defense..and they would thrive under him

[quote user="gumby742"]

[quote user="YATittle1962"]worst call of the game........ to me thats where you man up and send the house[/quote]

esp when we were having success being aggressive earlier in the game.* Sending 3 didn't get us anywhere the last 11 games.* Yet he does it again.

He's gotta go.

[/quote]

def has to go..... how many 3rd down conversion....deep passes.....short screens for 15 yards versus his prevent defense must happen before his stubborn *** finally gives it up?

[quote user="YATittle1962"]worst call of the game........

to me thats where you man up and send the house

at lease make Rodgers have to make a quick decision.....he had 6 seconds....thats awful[/quote]

100% agree. This is why I had a big problem with yesterday's game. Yes, it was nice to see we were competative with Green Bay, but we really blew a chance to catch up on a lot of teams. I didn't see us go after Rodgers like we were told we would.

I also saw us abandon the running game YET AGAIN. It looked like we didn't even TRY to manage the clock at the end. I guess we were content with a FG once we got into range, but I thought going for the big pass was another pivotal mistake. Then another heave when we were given another chance by Green Bay's dropsies.

There were other things I would have done differently, but hey, I'm only a spectator so my opinion means squat. The good news is that we showed that we are not dead yet, but beating Dallas twice is not going to be easy.

[quote user="KillaRich"][quote user="T-Murda84"][quote user="KillaRich"]Honestly wtf was fewell thinking? he basically handed them a td by doing that[/quote] Did u watch the Saint game a week ago? When the Saints were on Goal line Jimmy Graham killed us in man to man coverage. We still made it a tough throw for Aaron Rodgers...He was very accurate and Driver was experienced enough to drag his toes. Yall fans kill me with this. We can not play any team man to man....and I can give u all the evidence and why. Sprags would not be able to win with these corners.[/quote] Our corners are way better then when we had spags.... man to man .... vs man to man and bringing the house is a completely different story...... giants get killed man to man because they give the qb way too much too time..... maybe if you bring some extra pressure and give the qb little time to throw its advnatge to the qb's... please stop it you ignorant fool.... spags would love to have this defense..and they would thrive under him[/quote]

Its not like Spags didnt play zone. The difference being is when Spags was here the pressure got there when only sending 4.

Consistently going back to rushing 3 is CRAZY though. I'd be staring at the line before the snap BEGGING that they all rush forward.

"...gently down the loser stream!!"

--80--

awful.

how do you expect him to throw an INCOMPLETE pass there? how in the world!?!?!?!?!?! he literally could have run the clock out on the quarter standing back there. as if a 3 man rush wasn't bad enough, Rocky Bernard was one of the ends!! lmaoo. we didn't even have any good pass rushers in there. there was no chance of getting any pressure on rodgers. when a qb has all day to throw the ball, he WILL complete the pass. you can't cover all day.