+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Give up our first for Mike Wallace

what are everyones thoughts? our first is last anyways, so no biggie. steelers cant keep wallace cause of cap issues. imagine wallace nicks and cruz???

Re: Give up our first for Mike Wallace

Personally, I would rather use the 1st round on an OL.

BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Giants won't be able to keep Wallace because of cap issues as well.

Anyway, the team is set at WR - even with the probable departure of Manningham. Bigger problems elsewhere.

Veteran

Without taking account for the cap I would do that without hesitation. Mike Wallace is a legit top 10 WR in the NFL. He can take the top off the coverage and would easily replace and surpass manningham.

We'll have some nice cap issues. I agree with a poster above (forgot the username) that I rather keep the first round pick for the OL.

Jeez, if there were no cap considerations, signing Carl Nicks would be a higher priority than signing Wallace. However, there is no way the Giants could afford to get Wallace under the cap. And if they had the room, it would be better to re-sign Manningham at a lower cost than Wallace, and I doubt Wallace would have much more impact on the offense than Manningham would.

Veteran

[quote user="Zoboomafoo"] I doubt Wallace would have much more impact on the offense than Manningham would.[/quote]

FAIL.

Of course, I would definitely like Wallace on the team, but the cap issue would be difficult to deal with afterwards. I think that if we can think of paying a player on such a scale, then we could probably look into resigning Manningham, and improving Cruz's contract, as it would be great to keep the already established chemistry intact.

I think Wallace would be amazing, but not when we could use 'franchise' kind of money, as we could just keep one of the top 5 receiver corps intact for that kind of cash.

Sorry for being redundant, as I just woke up and my coffee has not fully taken effect yet.

Go Blue!

Wallace is better than Manningham, but Wallace, Nicks, and Cruz aren't that much better than Manningham, Nicks, and Cruz. Maybe it's different in videogames.

[quote user="Zoboomafoo"]Wallace is better than Manningham, but Wallace, Nicks, and Cruz aren't that much better than Manningham, Nicks, and Cruz. Maybe it's different in videogames.[/quote]

Agreed here.