+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Diehl-ing with Despair

Diehl-ing with Despair

Honestly, we’re not trying to start a fight with a big guy like David Diehl, but rather just pointing out some numbers. Yesterday we told you he was the worst-ranked tackle in the league when it came to giving up pressure, and he’s about to complete the double, because he’s also the worst-ranked guard. The Giants’ lineman gave up five sacks, two hits, and 28 hurries on the 280 occasions he lined up to pass protect at guard; comfortably worse than the next weakest effort by Zane Beadles of the Denver Broncos. Diehl may bring a lot to the table off the field, but simply put, if you’re watching him on it, you’re likely to be watching him get beat wherever he lines up.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...s-and-centers/

Veteran

Re: Diehl-ing with Despair

Yikes. I knew he was bad but I didn't know he was that bad. I like the guy he's clearly made contributions over the years but for his salary he needs to either be cut or come back as a backup for a much lower salary.

Cue somebody saying "He's so bad that we won two super bowls with him"...

he was better down the stretch. really, i think he put up better protection, at least i don't remember him giving up any whiffed blocks for sackes the way KMac was just run around all year.

i think these guys need to drop weight if they have any hope of remaining starters, because they're too sluggish now. i mean Diehl was always.... not fast, but its hurting now.

lol when will management realize this guy is going to get Eli killed. I am tired of David Turnstile Diehl. I am tired of his whiffs.

[quote user="swimeasy"]

Diehl-ing with Despair

Honestly, we’re not trying to start a fight with a big guy like David Diehl, but rather just pointing out some numbers. Yesterday we told you he was the worst-ranked tackle in the league when it came to giving up pressure, and he’s about to complete the double, because he’s also the worst-ranked guard. The Giants’ lineman gave up five sacks, two hits, and 28 hurries on the 280 occasions he lined up to pass protect at guard; comfortably worse than the next weakest effort by Zane Beadles of the Denver Broncos. Diehl may bring a lot to the table off the field, but simply put, if you’re watching him on it, you’re likely to be watching him get beat wherever he lines up.

[/quote]

How many left tackles have two rings?

They left out the most important consideration.

DD is a great Giant......Period!

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="swimeasy"]

Diehl-ing with Despair

[/quote]

[/quote]

He's great, love him, but it's time to go. We don't need to be paying the worst starting tackle in the league 7 million dollars.

How many teams repeat championships by overpaying the same guys they won with when they're past their prime? Evolve or die.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="swimeasy"]

Diehl-ing with Despair

[/quote]

[/quote]LOL DD had almost 0 impact on the Giants winning the SB. He had more impact on Eli getting crushed than the Giants winning games.

[quote user="Morehead State"]How many left tackles have two rings?

[/quote]

What kind of argument is this? You should be ashamed.

Diehl was a GREAT Giant, a total team player, one of the most versitle guys we've had on the OL in ages, and a locker room hero...... BUT at this point in his career, if he wants to stay a Giant he's gotta accept a role as a depth player.

Beatty is better than him at LT
    Boothe AND Petrus are better than him at LG
    Snee is better than him at RG
    Who knows whats going on at RT

But if Diehl wants a starting spot he better be ready to compete at RT, cause IMO thats the only spot he has a chance at. Then again I want us to look at a nice versitle RT/LT kinda guy that we LOOOOVE to have on our OL

Baas can kick rocks, I like Boothe at C and Petrus showed grit and gusto at LG and for much cheaper too
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

[quote user="Kase-1"]Diehl was a GREAT Giant, a total team player, one of the most versitle guys we've had on the OL in ages, and a locker room hero...... BUT at this point in his career, if he wants to stay a Giant he's gotta accept a role as a depth player.

Beatty is better than him at LT
    Boothe AND Petrus are better than him at LG
    Snee is better than him at RG
    Who knows whats going on at RT

But if Diehl wants a starting spot he better be ready to compete at RT, cause IMO thats the only spot he has a chance at. Then again I want us to look at a nice versitle RT/LT kinda guy that we LOOOOVE to have on our OL

Baas can kick rocks, I like Boothe at C and Petrus showed grit and gusto at LG and for much cheaper too
    [/quote]

Our running game AND our pass protection improved when Beatty got hurt and DD moved to LT. He's a better LT than guard. He has problems with speed rushers at times but he is far more solid than some of you are giving him credit for.

Yes $7MM is high. Who says he can't redo his contract. And don't give me Beatty. he underperformed last season.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi