+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiki blacklisted?your thoughts?

Tiki blacklisted?your thoughts?

We're you as surprized as I was that noone even brought Tiki into camp and played him in preseason?His twin is still playing.He is a very low mileage 36 yo rb who retired at the top of his game.Yet,not one team even extended a no risk,high reward invite to camp to even see if he had anything to offer.Hey,he's persona non grata to every Giant fan,but what did other teams have to lose inviting him to camp?I'm sure he would've accepted the veteran minimum from anyone who would've given him a chance.Say what you will about Tiki,but he was a great RB who at 32 was among the best RB's in the NFL.To think that no NFL team took a no risk flier to possibly catch lightning in a bottle is shocking to me.Geez,think about it.Teams bring dozens of unknown FA's into camp.Noone even gave Tiki a looksee.Yeah,32 year old RB's are done at 36.But what if they didn't play for those 4 years.Seems worth a no cost look in camp for someone,huh?I guess he burnt all NFL bridges,not just the Giants bridge.Tiki,the evil twin.Put a fumanchu on him.

Re: Tiki blacklisted?your thoughts?

Tiki is old, been out of the game for 5 years and has no heart for the game. He was looking for a payday.....nothing more. There are plenty of young RB looking for a team to give them a chance who are hungry.</P>

Not surprised at all.</P>

Man Tiki must hate the Giants lol</P>

he retires the Giants win sb42 </P>

he unretires &amp; gets released by the Giants which go on to win sb46</P>

</P>
    The Gigalo with the most below

Jim Fassel also confuses me.I can't fathom that he hasn't gotten another job.Say what you will,but he wasn't terrible and took us to a SB.Norv turner gets another HC job.Geez,Mangini get's a 2nd gig the next year.Who did Fassel piss off?He even went out and won a championship in that usfl or whatever it was called.Much less sucessful 1st time head coaches than Fassel have gotten 2nd gigs.

[quote user="pica01"]Jim Fassel also confuses me.I can't fathom that he hasn't gotten another job.Say what you will,but he wasn't terrible and took us to a SB.Norv turner gets another HC job.Geez,Mangini get's a 2nd gig the next year.Who did Fassel piss off?He even went out and won a championship in that usfl or whatever it was called.Much less sucessful 1st time head coaches than Fassel have gotten 2nd gigs.[/quote]</P>

I cannot fathom how Turkey Neck keeps getting headphones!!!</P>

All-Pro

Plax, TO, Moss, hell even Jerry Rice had a better shot at getting picked up. </P>

Tiki burned all his bridges and has no legs left. If he left and kept his mouth shut, Im sure he would of found something if he was back in shape.</P>

Just wondering is all :/

"...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

[quote user="pica01"]Jim Fassel also confuses me.I can't fathom that he hasn't gotten another job.Say what you will,but he wasn't terrible and took us to a SB.Norv turner gets another HC job.Geez,Mangini get's a 2nd gig the next year.Who did Fassel piss off?He even went out and won a championship in that usfl or whatever it was called.Much less sucessful 1st time head coaches than Fassel have gotten 2nd gigs.[/quote]he threw his players under the bus on a regular basis, he blew his chance at the NFL

Veteran

He's the coach, GM and president of the Las Vegas Locomotives. He's won coach of the year. He was on the Michael Kay show in the week before the SB and seemed pretty happy with how things worked out.

Gmen,I'm a newby here.I like discussing football.Not cheerleading.The fact that Tiki didn't get a sniff surprized me.I was interested hearing from other Giant fans who might have something to say on the subject.Do I care?No,not really.Would I like alittle intelligent discussion about something that surprized me.Yes.Didn't it surprize you somewhat that no one took a no risk flier?Just wondering too.

+ Reply to Thread