+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bench Player

Re: Tiki blacklisted?your thoughts?

Not surprised

Tiki threw his coach and his quarterback under the bus. What team would want a player like that especially a old one?

How do you figure its no cost to bring him into camp?

He needs a contract to be in camp. And then they have to pay the insurance in case he gets hurt.

you can bring any free agent into camp without a contract,That's why they're called a free agent.Yeah,they're paid a per diem and they do cost something but don't have a contract.Draft picks have a contract.Free agents don't.

[quote user="pica01"]Gmen,I'm a newby here.I like discussing football.Not cheerleading.The fact that Tiki didn't get a sniff surprized me.I was interested hearing from other Giant fans who might have something to say on the subject.Do I care?No,not really.Would I like alittle intelligent discussion about something that surprized me.Yes.Didn't it surprize you somewhat that no one took a no risk flier?Just wondering too.[/quote]

No i'm not shocked in the slightest he didn't get picked up. People will make personnel decision just as much on someones public image as how the scouting report tells.

Tiki has made bad life decisions and in terms of football will be remembered as the guy who retired early, called out his coach and QB .

Besides that, who needed him? Browns had Hillis, panthers had Williams, Colts make RB look bad anyway so no point there, Vikings have peterson, dolphins were trying out Bush, Bills were good, Skins were fine, Rams had Jackson, Saints just drafted one and got sproles, etc.

My point, no one needed him :/
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

[quote user="pica01"]you can bring any free agent into camp without a contract,That's why they're called a free agent.[/quote]

No, you have to sign them to a contract.

Notice how no players in camp are still free agents. They are all under contract.

It wasn't like he was coming back at the age of 30 after taking off 5 years. I'm not surprised at all that no one game him a shot.

I resent the jerk for bad mouthing his former team, and then leaving his wife who I believe was pragnant. I really liked him prior to all this, but he has lost all respect from me. Glad he is booed when he returns. Keep it up NY fans, it is what he deserves.

the Mara's are obviously well respected in the NFL.He wants 0 to do with Tiki Barber. I can almost see it as a respect from other owners. I understand the other stuff too but this plays a big part in it as well I bet.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Not a bad thought. I can see where the owners didn't want this cancer on their team.

[quote user="mainegiantsfan"]Not a bad thought. I can see where the owners didn't want this cancer on their team.[/quote]</P>

I was privy to some inside information that Mara won't even take his calls. At least this is what I was told. Hate to sound like a gossip but it was from a good source.</P>
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch