+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Tiki blacklisted?your thoughts?

[quote user="pica01"]We're you as surprized as I was that noone even brought Tiki into camp and played him in preseason?His twin is still playing.He is a very low mileage 36 yo rb who retired at the top of his game.Yet,not one team even extended a no risk,high reward invite to camp to even see if he had anything to offer.Hey,he's persona non grata to every Giant fan,but what did other teams have to lose inviting him to camp?I'm sure he would've accepted the veteran minimum from anyone who would've given him a chance.Say what you will about Tiki,but he was a great RB who at 32 was among the best RB's in the NFL.To think that no NFL team took a no risk flier to possibly catch lightning in a bottle is shocking to me.Geez,think about it.Teams bring dozens of unknown FA's into camp.Noone even gave Tiki a looksee.Yeah,32 year old RB's are done at 36.But what if they didn't play for those 4 years.Seems worth a no cost look in camp for someone,huh?I guess he burnt all NFL bridges,not just the Giants bridge.Tiki,the evil twin.Put a fumanchu on him.[/quote]

Wall of text crits you for 9999 damage!

You died.

I was a bit surprised the problem is he was a ten year vet , the min is a nice chunk. Miami brought him in for a workout. I do think if he could have been paid 250-500k someone would have took a shot on him.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

No one wants to take a shot with tiki because every team knows that if they take him in, whenever they next play the giants, the defense will go ape**** on him...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Am I surprised that people are STILL making Tiki threads 6 years after he retired? Yep.

The term 'blacklisted' suggests that the Owners conspired to freeze him out of the league. If an Owner or GM had felt that Tiki, with his veteran salary requirements, would have given their team a better shot, someone would have made a move for him. His value was merely found to be lacking - nothing to see here.

I agree GT.The Mara's are well respected.And Tiki is persona non grata.I also wonder if Fassel did something the Mara's didn't like that other GM's know that we don't.Fassel's a real head scratcher not getting another HC gig,considering others less sucessful getting 2nd and even 3rd shots.

I dont think the mara's blackballed tiki.

Tiki loved their father and played his heart out for him in the memorial game.

If you remember Tiki was invited to the Ring of Honor.
    - William Arthur Ward -

Let me ask you guys this hypothetical.Assume 2 things.Tiki left under good terms like Strahan.And Bradshaw couldn't return after missing those games.Would you have had a problem if we brought Tiki in,considering he already knew the system?Just curious.

[quote user="pica01"]Let me ask you guys this hypothetical.Assume 2 things.Tiki left under good terms like Strahan.And Bradshaw couldn't return after missing those games.Would you have had a problem if we brought Tiki in,considering he already knew the system?Just curious.[/quote]

If AB was out , yes Tiki would have been the best FA we could have pulled. even with the drama.

the only issue would be TC .
    - William Arthur Ward -

Harooni,don't get me wrong.Tiki was the best RB in Giants history and always played his heart out.It's how he left and what he's said since that I wonder about.Is he in the ring of honor?We usually have a halftime ceremony for that.I don't see that ever happening.