+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Can't think of a reason Plex wouldn't be a Giant next season

i actually hate to admit this, but I'm thinking Plex could very well be a Giant next season. Here are the points that lead me to this...

Reese offered him a higher pay than the Jets did, it just wasn't guaranteed

Plex will assuredly be cheaper than MM

Plex was MONEY with Eli.

Plex wouldn't be heavily leaned on like in the past, which could actually make him a dangerous weapon

Plex provides a possession WR with physical measures that make him a mismatch, especially out of the slot.

He can play the slot, as well as out wide

He'd expand what our WR corp can do

Did I mention Eli2Plex KILLED it for years.

If it was up to me, I'd just re-sign MM or get SS12, but the more I think about it, Plex would be the cheapest, "quick"fix WR who could play day 1 and be a dangerous red zone target, plus, if a coach goes "STAY ON NICKS AND CRUZ, MAKE PLEX BEAT US" Eli 2 Plex would beat any team 1v1 coverage.

I dunno, I'd hate to put our success on him being responsible, but seeing as how reese offered him a contract last season, I cannot see how he wouldn't this season...it just kind of all adds up...then u factor in he wants to go to philly, we may just go after him...

Re: Can't think of a reason Plex wouldn't be a Giant next season

Sure why not, he is a better red zone threat then any other receiver at #3 we have if Manningham leaves lol
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

All this talk about Smith, and Plax comming back reminds me of the movie the Blues Brothers!

We're getting the band back together!

might as well give boss a call too

....not needed and not wanted.

I would bet money that neither does the ownership, TC, and Eli. Don't care what he was offered last season. They knew he wouldn't take it IMO

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

disagree. i feel like eli is much better off with the guys he has now. id rather take back steve smith than plax. would love rio back but that;s highly unlikely.

i dont think eli to plax was "money" as you said. eli has been much more money in his career with nicks, cruz, smith, and rio and not divas like plax and shockey.

and a pet peeve: PLAX not PLEX!

[quote user="GameTime"]

I would bet money that neither does the ownership, TC, and Eli. Don't care what he was offered last season. They knew he wouldn't take it IMO

[/quote]

reese just doesn't strike me as that kind of guy. i dont think he'd just posture a contract offer, especially one that was essentially worth more than the one he signed for.

i dont want him, but if MM leaves, we may need him. trust me, i'd rather virtually any other option...

but i cant think of a legitimate reason as to why plex couldnt be a giant next season...

[quote user="jax5338"]disagree. i feel like eli is much better off with the guys he has now. id rather take back steve smith than plax. would love rio back but that;s highly unlikely.

*i dont think eli to plax was "money" as you said. eli has been much more money in his carrer with nicks. cruz. smith, and rio and not divas like plax and shockey.

and a pet peeve: PLAX not PLEX!
    [/quote]

sorry, PLAX was killer with Eli. I remember from like 2005-2008 the eli to plax combo had the most td's out of any qb to wr combo in the NFL...eli 2 plax was DOMINANT, eli of course has become a better qb...but imagine eli today playing with plax...i dunno...i think it could be phenomenal

There's a lot of talk of bringing back old Giants: Plax, Smith, even Shockey. I can't see any of them coming back. None of those 3 made any sort of significant contribution to their teams in 2011. Plax and Shockey are old and are locker room problems. Smith has been injured; some team will offer him a one year deal but I doubt it will be the Giants.

I could see it, I could see both Smith and Plax coming back, both on one year deals.

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote] reese just doesn't strike me as that kind of guy. i dont think he'd just posture a contract offer, especially one that was essentially worth more than the one he signed for. i dont want him, but if MM leaves, we may need him. trust me, i'd rather virtually any other option... but i cant think of a legitimate reason as to why plex couldnt be a giant next season...[/quote]

"you" cant think of a legit reason butI bet the certain people in the Giants org can.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch