+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pre-combine/ pre-free agency Mock draft

pre-combine/ pre-free agency Mock draft

OK I will give it the old college try---this will be my first mock for this upcoming draft. I will have another after the combine and free agency. I may be off some when it comes to the rounds(too high or too low). All constructive criticism is welcome!

Rd 1---Dwayne Allen--TE. Something in my gut tells me Fleener may be gone by 32, maybe Harbaugh likes him too much to pass up?

Rd 2 ----Bobby Massie--OT. May be a good fit or at the very least competition with Brewer at RT.

Rd 3---Casey Hayward--CB--Solid vs the run and good instincts/ball hawk.

Rd 4----Robert Turbin---RB--Utah St. Maybe an under the radar type guy?

Rd 5----DaJohn Harris--DT---USC---Don't know if Bernard will be back.

Rd 6---Sean Cattouse--SS--Cal

Rd 7--- Case Keenum---QB--Houston
    "Why did it take us three years to figure out Jerel Jernigan can play?" John Mara

Re: pre-combine/ pre-free agency Mock draft

Sorry Mods, I meant to post my mock into the members mock sub-forum. Feel free to move it--thanks
    "Why did it take us three years to figure out Jerel Jernigan can play?" John Mara

Picks--> 1, 3, 4 and 7 are really really good picks but in the second round I hope we can land OT/OG from Iowa State Kelechi Osemele 6.6 335 versatile guy and those are the type of guys the Giants like.

Casey Hayward would be a reach since he's a borderline 5th round talent.

Conversely Dajohn Harris is a 2nd round talent and wouldn't be available in the 5th.

Otherwise I like the personel choices in general.
    I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime

thanks Krunch. I have read some sites where Hayward could be taken in the 3rd and as low as the 4th or 5th. We'll see I guess. From what I have seen the passed couple of seasons, Hayward is a baller. He doesn't get all of the attention other DBs get since Vandy is usually not that good in football. I also like Boykin from Georgia.</P>

</P>

Like I said, I gave it a shot. Who knows how some will rise or fall after the combine or pro days.</P>

</P>

It comes down to our scouts, reese and Coughlin ultimately. They make the money to agonize over those decisions---LOL!!!</P>

</P>

There are other names and positions I thought about interchanging into my mock. I thought that maybe Adams from Ohio St could fall to us at 32, then maybe grabbing a Doug Martin in the 2nd rd at RB.</P>

[quote user="tonyt830"]

thanks Krunch. I have read some sites where Hayward could be taken in the 3rd and as low as the 4th or 5th. We'll see I guess. From what I have seen the passed couple of seasons, Hayward is a baller. He doesn't get all of the attention other DBs get since Vandy is usually not that good in football. I also like Boykin from Georgia.</P>

</P>

Like I said, I gave it a shot. Who knows how some will rise or fall after the combine or pro days.</P>

</P>

It comes down to our scouts, reese and Coughlin ultimately. They make the money to agonize over those decisions---LOL!!!</P>

</P>

There are other names and positions I thought about interchanging into my mock. I thought that maybe Adams from Ohio St could fall to us at 32, then maybe grabbing a Doug Martin in the 2nd rd at RB.</P>

[/quote]</P>

There may be better options in round 3, than Hayward. He isa good player, but if guys like Leonard Johnson (physical), Jayron Hosley (best ball hawk in CFB) or Alfonzo Dennard (physical) are available, then the Giants are going to look their way. </P>

Trumaine Johnson, CB/S - Montana..... in round 2 is a guy I really like.</P>

Ryan Steed, CB - Furman... in the later rounds is an interesting player to watch. </P>
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

[quote user="tonyt830"]OK I will give it the old college try---this will be my first mock for this upcoming draft. I will have another after the combine and free agency. I may be off some when it comes to the rounds(too high or too low). All constructive criticism is welcome! Rd 1---Dwayne Allen--TE. Something in my gut tells me Fleener may be gone by 32, maybe Harbaugh likes him too much to pass up? Rd 2 ----Bobby Massie--OT. May be a good fit or at the very least competition with Brewer at RT. Rd 3---Casey Hayward--CB--Solid vs the run and good instincts/ball hawk. Rd 4----Robert Turbin---RB--Utah St. Maybe an under the radar type guy? Rd 5----DaJohn Harris--DT---USC---Don't know if Bernard will be back. Rd 6---Sean Cattouse--SS--Cal Rd 7--- Case Keenum---QB--Houston[/quote]</P>

I like your Robert Turbin pick. He is more elusive than people think. But, also some legit power. </P>

If DaJohn Harris falls to us in Round 5, I'll pee my pants. </P>
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

[quote user="tonyt830"]

thanks Krunch.* I have read some sites where Hayward could be taken in the 3rd and as low as the 4th or 5th.* We'll see I guess.* From what I have seen the passed couple of seasons, Hayward is a baller.** He doesn't get all of the attention other DBs get since Vandy is usually not that good in football.* I also like Boykin from Georgia.</P>

*</P>

Like I said, I gave it a shot.* Who knows how some will rise or fall after the combine or pro days.</P>

*</P>

* It comes down to our scouts, reese and Coughlin ultimately.* They make the money to agonize over those decisions---LOL!!!</P>

*</P>

There are other names and positions I thought about interchanging into my mock.* I thought that maybe Adams from Ohio St could fall to us at 32, then maybe grabbing a Doug Martin in the 2nd rd at RB.</P>[/quote]

Adams is interesting if he falls to us. He's strictly a LT I believe and I think we need more depth at RT assuming KMac is gone this year. I'd be more interested in OL with our first pick if Cordy Glenn dropped to us.
    I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="tonyt830"]

thanks Krunch.* I have read some sites where Hayward could be taken in the 3rd and as low as the 4th or 5th.* We'll see I guess.* From what I have seen the passed couple of seasons, Hayward is a baller.** He doesn't get all of the attention other DBs get since Vandy is usually not that good in football.* I also like Boykin from Georgia.</P>

*</P>

Like I said, I gave it a shot.* Who knows how some will rise or fall after the combine or pro days.</P>

*</P>

* It comes down to our scouts, reese and Coughlin ultimately.* They make the money to agonize over those decisions---LOL!!!</P>

*</P>

There are other names and positions I thought about interchanging into my mock.* I thought that maybe Adams from Ohio St could fall to us at 32, then maybe grabbing a Doug Martin in the 2nd rd at RB.</P>[/quote]

Adams is interesting if he falls to us. He's strictly a LT I believe and I think we need more depth at RT assuming KMac is gone this year. I'd be more interested in OL with our first pick if Cordy Glenn dropped to us.[/quote]The thing I worry about with Glenn, is he quick enough to play RT for us. I mean he is a good road grader type.

And I'm not sure, but didnt the coaches play Adams some at RT at the Senior Bowl and looked pretty solid? I did not watch the game, thats why I ask.

And maybe Beatty can play RT if the coaching staff was high on Adams at LT. All this is just for arguments sake of course.

I didn't watch the Senior Bowl either and all that I've read about Adams was as an LT. I would assume he could make the transition but that might be a bad assumption untested.

I think Glenn has more upside than Adams with his versatility and the Giants love versatility. And he's played every position on the line except Center.

I don't think either will be available when we pick however.

Beatty's huge knock was his run blocking ... and the RT has to be able to run block. So not a great fit there. That and I believe we started him against Dallas in 2010 at RT when KMac was down and he got absolutely abused.

+ Reply to Thread