+ Reply to Thread

Thread: JAWORSKI THINKS PEYTON MANNING FITS BEST WITH THE JETS

JAWORSKI THINKS PEYTON MANNING FITS BEST WITH THE JETS

JAWORSKI THINKS PEYTON MANNING FITS BEST WITH THE JETS

"There hasn't been much to report on the Peyton Manning
    front lately. The media furor surrounding the Colts' quarterback left
    Indianapolis about the same time the Super Bowl did. Which lends credence to the
    theory that the Manning-Jim Irsay back-and-forth was all about winning the PR
    battle while the biggest game of the year was played in their backyard.

The most recent speculation has the Seahawks <a href="http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/34898438">interested
    in Manning</a>, assuming the 36-year-old quarterback will be healthy enough to
    resume his career in 2012 and that the Colts cut him loose in the coming weeks.
    (Peyton's due $28 million on March 13; we can't see a scenario where Irsay forks
    over that kind of dough.)

But perhaps we're being too presumptuous.
    Here's what Seahawks general manager John Schnieder said last week.

“I’ve been blessed to be around a lot
    of really good quarterback people that have taught me a lot about the position,”
    Schneider said lastThursday. “So I just kind of incorporate that with the
    quarterbacks I’ve been around. I just try to take all the information possible
    from everybody I’ve been around. Ijust know if you panic at the position, it can
    set the organization back. So we're not going to do that,"

“That may
    disappoint fans, because they want to see an instant guy and have that instant
    success,” Schneider continued. “But really, you’re better off continuing to
    build your team. Initially when I got here, I thought we were going to plug the
    quarterback in and we were going built around him. If we had done that, we would
    have panicked in a way. And I’m not sure we would have been able to host the Saints (in the 2010
    wild-card playoff game) and had that great atmosphere and all that.”

There's something to be said for not panicking. Then again, it's hard to
    convince the fan base that you're taking the position seriously when you trade
    for <a href="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/423552">Charlie
    Whitehurst</a> and a year later sign <a href="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1107218">Tarvaris
    Jackson</a>. The former isn't a capable backup and the latter was described
    perfectly by NFL Network's Mike Mayock this week, “He’s developed to a certain
    point, but I think that position needs to be upgraded. And I don’t mind T-Jack
    competing for the position, but I think you either have to get a free agent in
    there or you have to draft somebody.”

But Seattle isn't the only team breathlessly included in the Manning sweepstakes. There are
    the other usual suspects: the Redskins, Dolphins and Jets. ESPN's Ron
    Jaworski, most recently identified as the <a href="http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/34854877">third
    wheel in Monday Night Football's new two-man booth</a>, was asked about
    Manning's NFL future.

“I think Peyton Manning ends up playing somewhere
    else (other than Indianapolis)," he said during an appearance 97.5 in
    Philadelphia (via SportsRadioInterviews.com). "I think it’s a win-win for
    everyone. Certainly, when you look at the Colts right now, they’re a team that’s
    going through their development process with a new coaching staff and new
    players. It’s going to be just like when Peyton came on board, years to develop
    that football team. I think it’s best for Peyton to go and play on a team that
    can compete for a Super Bowl, a team that might be a quarterback away from
    elevating that team to Super Bowl status and I think that would be a win-win
    situation.”

When asked about potential destinations, Jaws suggested what
    a lot of people have been thinking for months.

“The New York Jets. … I
    love <a href="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/559373">Mark
    Sanchez</a> and there are 25 other quarterbacks in this league that I would take
    Peyton Manning over. There’s a turf war in New York. The Giants just won the Super
    Bowl. The Jets are fighting for every inch of space they can get in the
    newspaper. How do you get that inch? How do you get the headlines? You sign
    Peyton Manning.”

Jaworski joins <a href="http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/34613789">Curtis
    Martin</a>, us,
    and we imagine Rex Ryan, <a href="http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/34604031">who
    won't admit it now</a> but has almost certainly given some thought to the
    possibility."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro

Re: JAWORSKI THINKS PEYTON MANNING FITS BEST WITH THE JETS

Let the Jets have him.. just please stay far far away from San Fran Peyton.. </P>

My money's on Miami. Not sure exactly why, just a feeling.</P>

Can't see him with the Jets, how could they afford Manning and " the Sanchize" under one cap?</P>
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

[quote user="poppa smurph"]

Can't see him with the Jets, how could they afford Manning and " the Sanchize" under one cap?</P>[/quote] the cards,dolphins,seahawks,49ers

Bench Player

Can't see him with the Jets, how could they afford Manning and " the Sanchize" under one cap?</P>[/quote]

If Manning goes to the Dolphins I would certainly chuckle.

That would mean the Jets would have to face Brady and P. Manning a total of 4 times every year.

Ron Jaworski also thinks himself deserving of a career in broadcasting so ............

Can't see him with the Jets, how could they afford Manning and " the Sanchize" under one cap?</P>[/quote]From what I have heard from some of the talking heads, it sounds like the Dolphins have the money to afford Peyton. Not bad for Phins fans. Peyton would have Marshall, Bess and Hartline at WR. They still have Bush and Thomas at RB. Don't know if Fasano will be re-signed, but I think he would fit in well there.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

All-Pro

[quote user="tallguyLU"][quote user="poppa smurph"]

Can't see him with the Jets, how could they afford Manning and " the Sanchize" under one cap?</P>[/quote]

If Manning goes to the Dolphins I would certainly chuckle.

That would mean the Jets would have to face Brady and P. Manning a total of 4 times every year.[/quote]Lol now I really want him to go to the Jets

Still going with the Chiefs as a darkhorse candidate.

+ Reply to Thread