+ Reply to Thread

Will Osi Get Traded???

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...unsure_if.html

I hope not.....I like our Defensive Line Rotation
    Its what makes the G-Men Defense a Force.

Re: Will Osi Get Traded???

[quote user="Shockdisnation03"]http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/02/giants_osi_umenyiora_unsure_if.html

I hope not.....I like our Defensive Line Rotation
    Its what makes the G-Men Defense a Force.[/quote]

Osi has one more year to work under his current contract. They don't have to do anything in terms of renegotiating or trading.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Only for a 1st rounder. Then the question becomes who would trade that 1st rounder? The only teams that make sense that run a 4-3 with late 1st rounders would Cincy and Baltimore.

If we don't get a 1st for Osi, then we're better off paying him the the $4 million this year (good value for us) and letting him walk next year to pick up a 3rd round compensation pick. That's if we can' resign him.

Osi isn't going anywhere......a 2nd or a 3rd would be a wasted trade & nobody's going to give a first....

His value has never been higher but at the time more suspect because of his health and age. If we can get a good solid trade then do it, you can't justify paying him too much with tuck and jpp now in the limelight. Top three DE money sure, but only in reference to top 3 on our team. McCoy had it right and I love Osi but he needs to dial back and accept the changes

I don't think he will be traded either.

I don't think we trade Osi either, but if we do i can see it going down like with Shockey where he is traded just before training camp.

No. Osi has one more year left on his contract and has zero leverage to force a trade.