+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GIANTS LIKELY WON'T FRANCHISE MARIO MANNINGHAM

GIANTS LIKELY WON'T FRANCHISE MARIO MANNINGHAM

"According to Jason LaCanfora of the NFL Network, the New York Giants will
    likely not place the franchise tag on wide receiver Mario Manningham.

The Giants are a franchise that typically never uses the the franchise tag
    any way and it looks like this year won’t be any different.

Manningham is a good receiver that has a knack for making plays, but he’s
    very inconsistent with his route running and sometimes makes routine catches
    more difficult then they need to be."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: GIANTS LIKELY WON'T FRANCHISE MARIO MANNINGHAM

I knew that without the article....lol

Who was the last player we franchised, I feel like we NEVER give anyone that tag
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

Jacobs got the tag, but it was only for about a month while they renegotiated a long term deal for him.

Roanoke, slightly off topic, but I remember an article last year posted during training camp that had all the weigh-ins for the players at camp. Do you remember that article?

Yeah, this is kind of common sense. Not only do the giants rarely tag players, but manning ham doesn't warrant a 9.5 million dollar pay day.

I would be shocked if the franchised him. That would be paying a huge amount to a #3 WR.

Veteran

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]I would be shocked if the franchised him. That would be paying a huge amount to a #3 WR.[/quote]

He would be getting more money that is for sure. I do not know the ins and outs of it under the new cba but I'm pretty sure people who get franchise tagged do not make as much as they used to when being franchised. I'm pretty positive that it isn't the average of the top 5 players at the position anymore. I think I remember reading somewhere that if they are franchised once, then they are owed 120% of what they made in their last year or something. Then the rules change for the 2nd time and the maximum 3rd time.

Anyone can feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

[quote user="WR4Life"][quote user="nygsb42champs"]I would be shocked if the franchised him. That would be paying a huge amount to a #3 WR.[/quote]

He would be getting more money that is for sure. I do not know the ins and outs of it under the new cba but I'm pretty sure people who get franchise tagged do not make as much as they used to when being franchised. I'm pretty positive that it isn't the average of the top 5 players at the position anymore. I think I remember reading somewhere that if they are franchised once, then they are owed 120% of what they made in their last year or something. Then the rules change for the 2nd time and the maximum 3rd time.

Anyone can feel free to correct me if I am wrong.[/quote]

It's still te average of the top five players at the position. That 120 percent figure is if they have been franchised two years in a row. Therefore, they'd be making 120 percent of their original franchised tender.

[quote user="greenca190"]

It's still te average of the top five players at the position. [/quote]

They changed it, no longer is it the average of the top 5.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Jacobs got the tag, but it was only for about a month while they renegotiated a long term deal for him.

Roanoke, slightly off topic, but I remember an article last year posted during training camp that had all the weigh-ins for the players at camp. Do you remember that article?[/quote]

I don't, but let me see if I can sniff it out....
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1