+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Draft TE with 32nd pick

If MM leaves, a great receiving/OK blocking (hopefully we can mold him to become better) TE would sure up our pass attack and put less necessity on Thomas, Barden, Jernigan, or who ever we draft/pick up to do good in the 3rd WR spot.

Also it would give us some breathing room until Ballard and Beckum recover.

Plus allow us to run with 2 TE 2 WR sets, helping out our o-line.

I'm not to knowledgeable with the draft this year, but thats where i would go first, before OL, LB, and CB.

Re: Draft TE with 32nd pick

O-Line is greater need. Eli taking way too many sacks & running game needs O-line help. Got 3 TE's on roster now so should be fine even though 2 of the three were hurt & hurt bad in the knees.

Crap shoot but O-Line if there's a can't miss one at 32 IMHO anyway.

I'm actually quite happy with pascoe filling in for Ballard in the meantime and don't think we should waste a draft pick. Pascoe proved himself in the playoffs and down the stretch and can be a great stand in for us. Picks will be better spent on the line and secondary/lbs

[quote user="jakegibbs"]O-Line is greater need. Eli taking way too many sacks & running game needs O-line help. Got 3 TE's on roster now so should be fine even though 2 of the three were hurt & hurt bad in the knees. [/quote]

Ballard and Beckum will go on PUP, wont play until at least midway through next season.

Pascoe on the other hand, in the three years hes been with the giants has a career high of 126 yards receiving, thats not going to cut it if we are talking someone to replace Ballard's production (600 yards, 4 TDs) and part of Manninghams (600 yards, 4 TDs)

I would think JR would look o-line first but you never know who falls down to you in the draft.

I think most of the people suggesting TE in the first round have some sort of media driven infatuation with TE's due to the emergence of Jimmy Graham and Rob Gronkowski. Just because you pick a TE high doesn't mean he will be as effective as those guys. Neither of them were even picked in the first round.

Get an OL or DB in the first. TE on the 3rd day.

All-Pro

[quote user="NYFan221"]If MM leaves, a great receiving/OK blocking (hopefully we can mold him to become better) TE would sure up our pass attack and put less necessity on Thomas, Barden, Jernigan, or who ever we draft/pick up to do good in the 3rd WR spot.

Also it would give us some breathing room until Ballard and Beckum recover.

Plus allow us to run with 2 TE 2 WR sets, helping out our o-line.

I'm not to knowledgeable with the draft this year, but thats where i would go first, before OL, LB, and CB.
    [/quote]BPA.. at whatever position if its TE so be it. from what i've been reading theres many decent OLineman to be had in later rounds

[quote user="Spedracer"]I think most of the people suggesting TE in the first round have some sort of media driven infatuation with TE's due to the emergence of Jimmy Graham and Rob Gronkowski. Just because you pick a TE high doesn't mean he will be as effective as those guys. Neither of them were even picked in the first round.

Get an OL or DB in the first. TE on the 3rd day.[/quote]

true. but we haven't had a really good TE in a while, and its something that i would think would help.

I agree with the BPA opinion... it's worked for us so far in the 1st round the past couple of years.

That said, we need to take a TE somewhere in the draft, sign a veteran to a 1-year deal, or move Hynoski (who is really an H-back) to TE, as we have to assume that Ballard and Beckum will be unable to play at the start of the season. I don't want to go through half the season relying solely on Pascoe.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

[quote user="NYFan221"][quote user="Spedracer"]I think most of the people suggesting TE in the first round have some sort of media driven infatuation with TE's due to the emergence of Jimmy Graham and Rob Gronkowski. Just because you pick a TE high doesn't mean he will be as effective as those guys. Neither of them were even picked in the first round.

Get an OL or DB in the first. TE on the 3rd day.[/quote]

true. but we haven't had a really good TE in a while, and its something that i would think would help.
    [/quote]

You're right, we haven't and we have still been successful. ANY team is better with Graham or Gronkowski, they are great players. NO rookie is going to come in day 1 and be those guys though.

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]I agree with the BPA opinion... it's worked for us so far in the 1st round the past couple of years.

That said, we need to take a TE somewhere in the draft, sign a veteran to a 1-year deal, or move Hynoski (who is really an H-back) to TE, as we have to assume that Ballard and Beckum will be unable to play at the start of the season. I don't want to go through half the season relying solely on Pascoe.[/quote]

I just had to comment...Hynoski...H-Back...Really!?!

Hes a prototypical FB and did a good job for us at that position. I'd bet my life he is not moved to H-back. You must be confusing one player for another...