+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I think Boothe stays at LG and we move Diehl to RT

It would make alot of sense at this point to keep Diehl around for another year. Beatty takes over again at LT, Diehl slides over to RT while Brewer continues to learn the position.

Diehl can move over to LT in a pinch and can play guard. (although after last season apparently he isn't that good of guard any longer)

Re: I think Boothe stays at LG and we move Diehl to RT

Mitch Petrus would be the guard for me! Boothe is a great fill in at center,guard etc..better in a back up role for me.

Dielh had poor numbers at LT this year and performed badly when playing Guard. Time to replace him. Grow Beatty @ LT, Petrus/ Boothe @ LG, Brewer or Draftee @ RT.. Center either Baas wakesd up or Boothe has a new position

[quote user="bearbryant"]Dielh had poor numbers at LT this year and performed badly when playing Guard. Time to replace him. Grow Beatty @ LT, Petrus/ Boothe @ LG, Brewer or Draftee @ RT.. Center either Baas wakesd up or Boothe has a new position[/quote]
    I really think that Brewer is going to start at RT unless he has a horrible camp. From what I've read, the coaches and FO are really high on him.

Not a big fan of Beatty I think the Giants gotta upgrade Eli's blind side, Diehl at RT is an upgrade over an old and slow McKenzie though.

[quote user="Voldamort"]Mitch Petrus would be the guard for me! Boothe is a great fill in at center,guard etc..better in a back up role for me.[/quote]
    Either way its great having those problems to figure out. I really like Koets and obviously he is oit of the picture for now taking in count the actual salary cap but if he is healthy and when the dust settles he may well get signed up for the right price. I liked him more than Boothe at center and he too has the ability of playing practically all positions.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

I agree, I think we did much better with Boothe at center and Petrus at guard. I'd like to see Beatty at LT.

I love Petrus potential at LG and would like to see him get a shot at starting, but I do agree Kareem is over the hill and needs to be replaced at RT, I dont hate the idea and giving Diehl a chance over there.

I think we move Diehl to the bench or off the roster but you never know. The Giants are VERY loyal to their veterans so I could be dead wrong.

I like Petrus better. He seems to have that nasty physical approach that o-lineman need.