+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Linebackers.......

Linebackers.......

Ok it's no secret we've all been waiting on a game changing captain of the D LB......
    There's a few interesting OLBs, but most seem to be WLBs to me.....other than Kuechly,I'm not to excited about any of the MLbs....
    Who do you think can play the middle? Who can play SLB and be a every down LB?
    Here's a lost off the top of my head, id like to see a list in order of who you think would fit in our system & at which spot....

1.Kuechly
    2.Brown
    3.Burfict
    4.Ronell Lewis
    5.Donta hightower
    6.lavonte David
    7.Bobby Wagner
    8.Sean spence
    9.tank carder
    10.Danny trevathan

Feel free to add anyone I've forgotten....

Veteran

Re: Linebackers.......

it would be sick if brown could somehow turn into a MLB. He's almost the same size as Patrick Willis and mike mayock thinks he could run a 4.35!!

[quote user="Spizi"]it would be sick if brown could somehow turn into a MLB. He's almost the same size as Patrick Willis and mike mayock thinks he could run a 4.35!![/quote] based on that alone I see some team taking him by 25ish

I saw a mock somewhere that shows Brown going to the Titans and playing the Will position.

I hope Goff can come backstrong. I know they say it takes 2 years to be back to full strength in most cases when it comes to knee surgeries.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

[quote user="Spizi"]it would be sick if brown could somehow turn into a MLB. He's almost the same size as Patrick Willis and mike mayock thinks he could run a 4.35!![/quote]He is the softest LB in the draft and cant tackle

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Spizi"]it would be sick if brown could somehow turn into a MLB. He's almost the same size as Patrick Willis and mike mayock thinks he could run a 4.35!![/quote]He is the softest LB in the draft and cant tackle[/quote]

But t3h 4o!

Personally, I'm fine with them not taking a linebacker at all. I think they've got a solid group of young linebackers now.

However, these are the guys I like:

Luke Kuechly (best LB in the draft, but not the best athlete. If he doesn't have a good combine, I think he'll fall)
    Bobby Wagner (great football player, but probably too small to be a Giants draft pick)
    Audie Cole (raw, but he flows well, and at 6'4" with LONG arms he's a prototypical Giants draft choice)
    Travis Lewis (Great linebacker, but he's been nagged by injuries)
    Tank Carder (Athletically limited, but he's a solid football player)

I think James Michael Johnson will be a solid NFL Starter and can be had late 3rd through-late 4th. I like Williams and Boley as the Nickel LB's. I really dont think they need to spend a high pick on an Inside LB. If Goff is signed dont think they need 1 at all.

1st V.Burfict - Luke Kuechly - Donta HighTower - zach brown

2nd - lavonte david - ronell lewis

3rd - James Michael Johnson - bobby wagner

[quote user="myles2424"]Ok it's no secret we've all been waiting on a game changing captain of the D LB......
    There's a few interesting OLBs, but most seem to be WLBs to me.....other than Kuechly,I'm not to excited about any of the MLbs....
    Who do you think can play the middle? Who can play SLB and be a every down LB?
    Here's a lost off the top of my head, id like to see a list in order of who you think would fit in our system & at which spot....

1.Kuechly
    2.Brown
    3.Burfict
    4.Ronell Lewis
    5.Donta hightower
    6.lavonte David
    7.Bobby Wagner
    8.Sean spence
    9.tank carder
    10.Danny trevathan

Feel free to add anyone I've forgotten....[/quote]

Kuechly is the only one out of that list that I like. Basically if they can't drop back in coverage I don't want them.

Problem with drafting a MLB from college these days, is that (in most cases) a college MLB is a typical MLB if a decade ago. Stocky, run stuffing thumper. However the NFL paradigm of offense is (and has) changed so much that an MLB has to be able to drop back into coverage (C2 and T2 defenses being the most prolific used in the NFL today).

Hence I think you'll see the classic WILL become the model for all LBers with the exception of the 3-4 OLB pass rusher.

P.S. - In that capacity, I love Keenan Robinson in the 4th.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="myles2424"]Ok it's no secret we've all been waiting on a game changing captain of the D LB...... There's a few interesting OLBs, but most seem to be WLBs to me.....other than Kuechly,I'm not to excited about any of the MLbs.... Who do you think can play the middle? Who can play SLB and be a every down LB? Here's a lost off the top of my head, id like to see a list in order of who you think would fit in our system & at which spot.... 1.Kuechly 2.Brown 3.Burfict 4.Ronell Lewis 5.Donta hightower 6.lavonte David 7.Bobby Wagner 8.Sean spence 9.tank carder 10.Danny trevathan Feel free to add anyone I've forgotten....[/quote]

Based off pure football IQ and athletic ability... Sean Spence is a must get. If he falls to us in round 3, I would be extremely pleased if we selected him. Always around the ball!

"Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

+ Reply to Thread