+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Linebackers.......

MLBs:
    Donta Hightower (Alabama) is my #1 LB in this draft (not even considering Kuechly or Upshaw who will be long gone). I understand those questioning how he would fit in our system though. I can't say he'd be great at dropping into coverage but he brings a lot to the table that I like. He could also play DE in a 4-3 and get the job done. I also think his coverage is better than people think. He didn't come out on 3rd and long at Alabama.

Jerry Franklin (Arkansas) is a guy that I like because of his versatility but not a guy I'm necessarily hoping we get but have my eyes on him for the combine/pro day. He could play OLB, MLB or DE.

Demario Davis (Arkansas State) Love this kid and we could get him late. One of my top sleepers.... dude would be great in our system. Played OLB but I think he would be a great fit in the middle for us. He played MLB in the senior bowl and held his own.

Chris Marve (Vandy) smaller guy but overachieves. Smart player as well just needs to do better at getting off blocks. Looked good in coverage and against the run when I watched him play.

OLBs:

Danny Trevathan (tackle machine in the best conference in CFB)
    Sean Spence (always around the ball. Not big but gets it done)
    Keenan Robinson
    Lavonte David
    Jerrell Harris (majorly under the radar because of the competition in front of him at Alabama and because he found his way into the coach's doghouse. He was a 5* player and is loaded with athleticism. We could probably get him in the 6th round. He was a force against the option in the BCSCG and was a great special teams player. Just seems like the kind of guy that the Giants could turn into a great role player)

I'm stunned.What does Chase Blackburn gotta do to get some love from you guys?He's my MLB the next 2 years while the 4 young lb's we have develope.Not to mention he's our best special team player.An everydown MLB?Well,Blackburn's interceptions of Rodger's and Brady 50 yards downfield were pretty impressive.His average of 10 tackles per game after returning cold turkey.Not good enough?That fumble return to the 4?Game changer.Maybe he's not Ray lewis in his prime,but he's solid and was a godsend who turned this D around.We have a leader and gamechanger already at MLB.His name is Chase Blackburn.We drew an inside strait when he returned.Now you want to fold?Comeon guys,give Blackburn some love.

All-Pro

Not interested in a linebacker in the first 2 rounds.

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Spizi"]it would be sick if brown could somehow turn into a MLB. He's almost the same size as Patrick Willis and mike mayock thinks he could run a 4.35!![/quote]He is the softest LB in the draft and cant tackle[/quote]

But t3h 4o!

Personally, I'm fine with them not taking a linebacker at all. I think they've got a solid group of young linebackers now.

However, these are the guys I like:

Luke Kuechly (best LB in the draft, but not the best athlete. If he doesn't have a good combine, I think he'll fall)
    Bobby Wagner (great football player, but probably too small to be a Giants draft pick)
    Audie Cole (raw, but he flows well, and at 6'4" with LONG arms he's a prototypical Giants draft choice)
    Travis Lewis (Great linebacker, but he's been nagged by injuries)
    Tank Carder (Athletically limited, but he's a solid football player)
    [/quote] isn't bobby Wagner 6'1 240?

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]I think James Michael Johnson will be a solid NFL Starter and can be had late 3rd through-late 4th. I like Williams and Boley as the Nickel LB's. I really dont think they need to spend a high pick on an Inside LB. If Goff is signed dont think they need 1 at all.[/quote] if goff is resigned we don't need a lb?
    Goff has always been average & now he's coming off IR...and we literally have no SLB

All-Pro

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]I think James Michael Johnson will be a solid NFL Starter and can be had late 3rd through-late 4th. I like Williams and Boley as the Nickel LB's. I really dont think they need to spend a high pick on an Inside LB. If Goff is signed dont think they need 1 at all.[/quote] if goff is resigned we don't need a lb?
    Goff has always been average & now he's coming off IR...and we literally have no SLB[/quote]

Kiwi is and will be our slb.

We have two 3 down linebackers and goff is a good enough 2 down linebacker.

It doesn't really matter who plays linebacker.

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]I think James Michael Johnson will be a solid NFL Starter and can be had late 3rd through-late 4th. I like Williams and Boley as the Nickel LB's. I really dont think they need to spend a high pick on an Inside LB. If Goff is signed dont think they need 1 at all.[/quote] if goff is resigned we don't need a lb? Goff has always been average & now he's coming off IR...and we literally have no SLB[/quote] Goff was above Avg the yr before this past season, and was ready to really explode before the injury... I'm not saying we shoulden't draft a LB if the Value is there, but if its not, then we should by all means re-sign John Goff, and let him continue to be a run thumping force...

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]I think James Michael Johnson will be a solid NFL Starter and can be had late 3rd through-late 4th. I like Williams and Boley as the Nickel LB's. I really dont think they need to spend a high pick on an Inside LB. If Goff is signed dont think they need 1 at all.[/quote] if goff is resigned we don't need a lb? Goff has always been average & now he's coming off IR...and we literally have no SLB[/quote] Goff was above Avg the yr before this past season, and was ready to really* explode before the injury...* I'm not saying we shoulden't draft a LB if the Value is there, but if its not, then we should by all means re-sign John Goff, and let him continue to be a run thumping force...[/quote] goff was above average? I must be missing something ....

Idk if this has been posted.....

But some LBs checking bigger than expected.....

Zach brown- 6'1 244
    Lavonte David- 6'1 233
    Sean spence- 5'11 231

I see this helping them....

Zach brown with the added size & if he maitains speed will be a 1st round lock IMO...

Lavonte David- seen as a mid 2nd round prospect, if he has a solid combine, any chances on him going in the 1st? He's a beast

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]I think James Michael Johnson will be a solid NFL Starter and can be had late 3rd through-late 4th. I like Williams and Boley as the Nickel LB's. I really dont think they need to spend a high pick on an Inside LB. If Goff is signed dont think they need 1 at all.[/quote] if goff is resigned we don't need a lb? Goff has always been average & now he's coming off IR...and we literally have no SLB[/quote] Goff was above Avg the yr before this past season, and was ready to really explode before the injury... I'm not saying we shoulden't draft a LB if the Value is there, but if its not, then we should by all means re-sign John Goff, and let him continue to be a run thumping force...[/quote] goff was above average? I must be missing something ....[/quote]I am missing the same thing.
    No one remembers who came in second.