+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Linebackers.......

[quote user="myles2424"]Idk if this has been posted..... But some LBs checking bigger than expected..... Zach brown- 6'1 244 Lavonte David- 6'1 233 Sean spence- 5'11 231 I see this helping them.... Zach brown with the added size & if he maitains speed will be a 1st round lock IMO... Lavonte David- seen as a mid 2nd round prospect, if he has a solid combine, any chances on him going in the 1st? He's a beast[/quote]Like you said, if Brown maintains his speed at 244, then I think he will be a 1st rd selection.

Actually from what I have read and seen in some games, I think all 3 will be more of the Will backer in the NFL. But in todays NFL with the pass happy offenses, LBs like the 3 you listed are what you want.

One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

[quote user="tonyt830"]

[quote user="myles2424"]Idk if this has been posted..... But some LBs checking bigger than expected..... Zach brown- 6'1 244 Lavonte David- 6'1 233 Sean spence- 5'11 231 I see this helping them.... Zach brown with the added size & if he maitains speed will be a 1st round lock IMO... Lavonte David- seen as a mid 2nd round prospect, if he has a solid combine, any chances on him going in the 1st? He's a beast[/quote]Like you said, if Brown maintains his speed at 244, then I think he will be a 1st rd selection.

Actually from what I have read and seen in some games, I think all 3 will be more of the Will backer in the NFL.* But in todays NFL with the pass happy offenses, LBs like the 3 you listed are what you want.

[/quote] lavonte david & Sean spence, I'm a little surprised haven't got more hype on the boards......although our 1st may be a little early & the won't last until our 2nd, these two guys are beasts.......

Spence 5'11 & David 6'1, but I don't see that as much a problem, they both could use a extra 5-8 lbs putting them closer to 240....

A fast,athletic, 3 down Beast at LB would be amazing...

[quote user="Spizi"]it would be sick if brown could somehow turn into a MLB. He's almost the same size as Patrick Willis and mike mayock thinks he could run a 4.35!![/quote] CAN HE HIT LIKE Patrick willis?

[quote user="Voldamort"][quote user="Spizi"]it would be sick if brown could somehow turn into a MLB. He's almost the same size as Patrick Willis and mike mayock thinks he could run a 4.35!![/quote] CAN HE HIT LIKE Patrick willis?[/quote]He doesnt tackle or have instincts like him

Luke Kuechly vs Clemson 2011

Just put it up.This is a good one .Good amount of pass coverage

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Spizi"]it would be sick if brown could somehow turn into a MLB. He's almost the same size as Patrick Willis and mike mayock thinks he could run a 4.35!![/quote] based on that alone I see some team taking him by 25ish[/quote]He probably can/will run in the high 4.3's, low 4.4's. Zach Brown is a freakish athlete but highly overrated football prospect.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Voldamort"][quote user="Spizi"]it would be sick if brown could somehow turn into a MLB. He's almost the same size as Patrick Willis and mike mayock thinks he could run a 4.35!![/quote] CAN HE HIT LIKE Patrick willis?[/quote]He doesnt tackle or have instincts like him[/quote]C'mon fellas, your putting Patrick Willis in the same company as Zach Brown? C'mon man

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Voldamort"][quote user="Spizi"]it would be sick if brown could somehow turn into a MLB. He's almost the same size as Patrick Willis and mike mayock thinks he could run a 4.35!![/quote] CAN HE HIT LIKE Patrick willis?[/quote]He doesnt tackle or have instincts like him[/quote]C'mon fellas, your putting Patrick Willis in the same company as Zach Brown? C'mon man[/quote]Im not Brown is a way better athlete then Football player

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]I think James Michael Johnson will be a solid NFL Starter and can be had late 3rd through-late 4th. I like Williams and Boley as the Nickel LB's. I really dont think they need to spend a high pick on an Inside LB. If Goff is signed dont think they need 1 at all.[/quote] if goff is resigned we don't need a lb? Goff has always been average & now he's coming off IR...and we literally have no SLB[/quote] Goff was above Avg the yr before this past season, and was ready to really* explode before the injury...* I'm not saying we shoulden't draft a LB if the Value is there, but if its not, then we should by all means re-sign John Goff, and let him continue to be a run thumping force...[/quote] goff was above average? I must be missing something ....[/quote]I am missing the same thing.[/quote]+1, Goff was never an "above average" LB.

Veteran

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="jomo"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]I think James Michael Johnson will be a solid NFL Starter and can be had late 3rd through-late 4th. I like Williams and Boley as the Nickel LB's. I really dont think they need to spend a high pick on an Inside LB. If Goff is signed dont think they need 1 at all.[/quote] if goff is resigned we don't need a lb? Goff has always been average & now he's coming off IR...and we literally have no SLB[/quote] Goff was above Avg the yr before this past season, and was ready to really explode before the injury... I'm not saying we shoulden't draft a LB if the Value is there, but if its not, then we should by all means re-sign John Goff, and let him continue to be a run thumping force...[/quote] goff was above average? I must be missing something ....[/quote]I am missing the same thing.[/quote]+1, Goff was never an "above average" LB.[/quote]

When it came to stuffing the run, which was/is Goff's job in this defense, 2010 Goff was in the top-5 in the league.

His biggest problem was dropping in coverage, a problem it looked like he had rectified in preseason (if you all remember, Goff was dropping into coverage very smoothly).

Also, I disagree that we don't have a SLB. Greg Jones was a natural SAM in college, as was Mark Herzlich. Considering the SAM and MIKE 'backers are part-time positions in this defense (as it stands now. Luke Kuechly, a 100% Herzlich, or Audie Cole (or another like one of them, I don't feel like typing out a bunch of names) could change that, and reduce the amount of snaps in the nickle), between Jones, Goff, Herz, and Kiwi (and Adrian Tracy), I think they can man all 3 linebacker positions just fine.

Might not be stacked with all-pros, but considering what they had put up almost historic numbers against some of the best offenses in history, I'm not concerned.