+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Linebackers.......

[quote user="myles2424"]Idk if this has been posted..... But some LBs checking bigger than expected..... Zach brown- 6'1 244 Lavonte David- 6'1 233 Sean spence- 5'11 231 I see this helping them.... Zach brown with the added size & if he maitains speed will be a 1st round lock IMO... Lavonte David- seen as a mid 2nd round prospect, if he has a solid combine, any chances on him going in the 1st? He's a beast[/quote]Like you said, if Brown maintains his speed at 244, then I think he will be a 1st rd selection.

Actually from what I have read and seen in some games, I think all 3 will be more of the Will backer in the NFL. But in todays NFL with the pass happy offenses, LBs like the 3 you listed are what you want.

Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

[quote user="tonyt830"]

[quote user="myles2424"]Idk if this has been posted..... But some LBs checking bigger than expected..... Zach brown- 6'1 244 Lavonte David- 6'1 233 Sean spence- 5'11 231 I see this helping them.... Zach brown with the added size & if he maitains speed will be a 1st round lock IMO... Lavonte David- seen as a mid 2nd round prospect, if he has a solid combine, any chances on him going in the 1st? He's a beast[/quote]Like you said, if Brown maintains his speed at 244, then I think he will be a 1st rd selection.

Actually from what I have read and seen in some games, I think all 3 will be more of the Will backer in the NFL.* But in todays NFL with the pass happy offenses, LBs like the 3 you listed are what you want.

[/quote] lavonte david & Sean spence, I'm a little surprised haven't got more hype on the boards......although our 1st may be a little early & the won't last until our 2nd, these two guys are beasts.......

Spence 5'11 & David 6'1, but I don't see that as much a problem, they both could use a extra 5-8 lbs putting them closer to 240....

A fast,athletic, 3 down Beast at LB would be amazing...

[quote user="Spizi"]it would be sick if brown could somehow turn into a MLB. He's almost the same size as Patrick Willis and mike mayock thinks he could run a 4.35!![/quote] CAN HE HIT LIKE Patrick willis?

[quote user="Voldamort"][quote user="Spizi"]it would be sick if brown could somehow turn into a MLB. He's almost the same size as Patrick Willis and mike mayock thinks he could run a 4.35!![/quote] CAN HE HIT LIKE Patrick willis?[/quote]He doesnt tackle or have instincts like him

Luke Kuechly vs Clemson 2011

Just put it up.This is a good one .Good amount of pass coverage

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Spizi"]it would be sick if brown could somehow turn into a MLB. He's almost the same size as Patrick Willis and mike mayock thinks he could run a 4.35!![/quote] based on that alone I see some team taking him by 25ish[/quote]He probably can/will run in the high 4.3's, low 4.4's. Zach Brown is a freakish athlete but highly overrated football prospect.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Voldamort"][quote user="Spizi"]it would be sick if brown could somehow turn into a MLB. He's almost the same size as Patrick Willis and mike mayock thinks he could run a 4.35!![/quote] CAN HE HIT LIKE Patrick willis?[/quote]He doesnt tackle or have instincts like him[/quote]C'mon fellas, your putting Patrick Willis in the same company as Zach Brown? C'mon man

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Voldamort"][quote user="Spizi"]it would be sick if brown could somehow turn into a MLB. He's almost the same size as Patrick Willis and mike mayock thinks he could run a 4.35!![/quote] CAN HE HIT LIKE Patrick willis?[/quote]He doesnt tackle or have instincts like him[/quote]C'mon fellas, your putting Patrick Willis in the same company as Zach Brown? C'mon man[/quote]Im not Brown is a way better athlete then Football player

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]I think James Michael Johnson will be a solid NFL Starter and can be had late 3rd through-late 4th. I like Williams and Boley as the Nickel LB's. I really dont think they need to spend a high pick on an Inside LB. If Goff is signed dont think they need 1 at all.[/quote] if goff is resigned we don't need a lb? Goff has always been average & now he's coming off IR...and we literally have no SLB[/quote] Goff was above Avg the yr before this past season, and was ready to really* explode before the injury...* I'm not saying we shoulden't draft a LB if the Value is there, but if its not, then we should by all means re-sign John Goff, and let him continue to be a run thumping force...[/quote] goff was above average? I must be missing something ....[/quote]I am missing the same thing.[/quote]+1, Goff was never an "above average" LB.

Veteran

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="jomo"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]I think James Michael Johnson will be a solid NFL Starter and can be had late 3rd through-late 4th. I like Williams and Boley as the Nickel LB's. I really dont think they need to spend a high pick on an Inside LB. If Goff is signed dont think they need 1 at all.[/quote] if goff is resigned we don't need a lb? Goff has always been average & now he's coming off IR...and we literally have no SLB[/quote] Goff was above Avg the yr before this past season, and was ready to really explode before the injury... I'm not saying we shoulden't draft a LB if the Value is there, but if its not, then we should by all means re-sign John Goff, and let him continue to be a run thumping force...[/quote] goff was above average? I must be missing something ....[/quote]I am missing the same thing.[/quote]+1, Goff was never an "above average" LB.[/quote]

When it came to stuffing the run, which was/is Goff's job in this defense, 2010 Goff was in the top-5 in the league.

His biggest problem was dropping in coverage, a problem it looked like he had rectified in preseason (if you all remember, Goff was dropping into coverage very smoothly).

Also, I disagree that we don't have a SLB. Greg Jones was a natural SAM in college, as was Mark Herzlich. Considering the SAM and MIKE 'backers are part-time positions in this defense (as it stands now. Luke Kuechly, a 100% Herzlich, or Audie Cole (or another like one of them, I don't feel like typing out a bunch of names) could change that, and reduce the amount of snaps in the nickle), between Jones, Goff, Herz, and Kiwi (and Adrian Tracy), I think they can man all 3 linebacker positions just fine.

Might not be stacked with all-pros, but considering what they had put up almost historic numbers against some of the best offenses in history, I'm not concerned.